• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perhaps Tom and I can join forces and we'll be sure to "set up shop" in the cellar of this league. Too funny!

Kasota,

You might want to check out the tues. night walleye tourneys. They are everyother tues night on all the big walleye lakes in south central mn. Madison, washington, tetonka/sakatah, jeffs, german, ect. 10 entry fee a person 2 per boat. points carry over and good payout like 75 percent I think. Another 10 dollars for biggest fish pot. all summer long with a sept championship voted on and usually always on madison. its a great time. you can fish one or fish them all. they come out with the flyers like a week before opener at reel fish and tackle in mad lake. It gets pretty serious, but you get get as serious as you want with it. a majority of those guys just drink a few beers and have fun. others try to whoop everyone else. but luck swings those anyway....thought I would point that out since no one else has yet.

Kasota, I'd recommend getting a list of the walleye contests and trying not to be on the same lake during the same week to keep the accesses freed up. There may be bass contests going on, too. (Gabby won't be doing his, but there was another fella running a small Thursday nite circuit last year. I heard rumors of a potential different one, too.)

Well, keep us posted on when it would start, what days it would be, entry price and what not. We can help you think of lakes/species to target. Keep in mind, you would be the guy running it for the most part so pick a day of the week that works for YOU. I have a boat and a partner already, so if the date works for me, and you don't have too many people, count me in.

I've got some rules and scoring things done. They need some tweaking, but if anyone wants to look at them, shoot me an e-mail. [email protected]

I've sent an e-mail to Reel Fishing and tackle, and another local place, asking for any info on area tournaments, so we stay off those lakes that night - week. Any list any of you can give me will help. I think I will try to get a list of teams next week. So I'll keep you all in mind.

I'm writing a free online tournament management software package you are welcome to try out. Its not done yet but I'm working hard on it to see what I can come out with. I'll have demo data out soon if you'd like to check it out. Send me an email. [email protected]

I was a member in the small sportsman's club in SW. a couple years back and they had 4 tournaments a year. They held them on weekends so those who wanted to could make a weekend out of it camping and the whole family could take part in the outings. It was a great success for everyone. They went by having a list of people with boats and a list of people without a boat and they drew out of a bucket on who fished with who. That was fun cause you were able to fish with someone new every tournament. At the end total poundage of fish both boat owner and non owner was awarded the winners. I was a member for 4 years and never missed a tournament even thought I lived almost 225 miles from the club. Two of the 4 years I pulled my boat all that way and participated but I have sold my boat now but would love to be part of your fun. Just a bit of advice, I think having it on weekends probably would work better for more people.

Weekends are really not an option for me. I work 1 weekend per month, I have two elementary school kids, and I have a cabin in Akeley(near Walker) so we spend the other 3 usually up there.

I'm leading towards Tuesday, or Wenesday nights.

Originally Posted By: luckycrank
kasota,

I have some software for tournament keeping that I had used a only a few times that Is fully customizable to to league specifics.

It is mostly beneficial if you have a labtop available at the weigh-in site it will automaticly deduct penalties add bonus points ect. also calculates weights and positions prints reports on paper or over computer... that type of stuff!! goggle tournament keeper for specifics

let me know if it intrests you.

I may be interested in this software, shoot me an e-mail [email protected]

Thanks

Sounds like fun to me.

To bad weekend are out. 4am wake ups come mighty early on the week days.

So if they're close by, I'll be there.

I should me at pool#4.

I'm with muddog, I work midnights. Maybe you could set it up for sunday nights? Still the weekend but not the boat traffic or lake pressure. Just a thought, because the league sounds like loads of fun to me also!!!.....Todd

• 4 weeks later...

Has this idea hit a dead end, or is everybody working so hard on setting it up that they havn't posted latly. grin.gif

Hey cribbageboy, you from the range? If so where abouts? I grew up in the Virginia area. Just wondering? later..............Todd

Nope, not from there. Im only 18, and have lived in Prior Lake and New Prague my whole life. Both of my parents are from there. Grand Rapids, and Bovey, so I am up there all the time. Will be attending ICC starting next august, so yes im up there all the time, but unfortunatly I am from the cornfields of the south, grin.gif and not "God's Country"!

Yeah I miss jigging eyes early on Winnie and trolling cranks on Pokegema later in the year!!! A little on Vermillion, Crane,Kab, Rainy and LOW!!! good times!!!

Hometown; Grand Rapids and grew up on Pokegama. My parent's still live on the lake, which rocks! Miss it all the time but frequent it as much as I can.

Yeah TO, I miss it every day!! Still go up as often as I get a chance,maybe someday I'll get to live up north again. Between there and the Bemidji area I was in fishing heaven!!!

If things go as planned, I will graduate from Itasca Community College in 2010 with a degree in Wildlife Management, and graduate two years later from Hibbing with degree in Law Enforcement. I would love nothing more than the Mesabi Iron Range to be "my office". grin.gif

you might want to look in to Bemidji State also. they have a law enforcement degree program and its right on lake Bemidji. You can rent canoes and bikes there, heck they even have a climbing wall. Just an option I thought I'd let you know about. Plus your close to so many great lakes Cass, Bemidji, Red, Leech all in about 20 miles of the school plus Winnie is only about 30 away. Its is a 4 year program so you might want to see how the credits would transfer, but if I'm not mistaken they like the 4 year degree a little better on the resume................. Todd

ICC, 'eh?

In Grand Rapids, the locals call that "going out East". Ha!

LOL. Ya, the locals are great people, but they don't get out a whole heck of a lot. hehehehehehe. My grandma lives over by the little airport in GR, and gets all of her grocery's from the River Road Market. Talk about "The Simple Life". Down here in "da cities" we run to 3 Cub Foods, and a Rainbow foods all in one day just so we can save 5 cents on a gallon of milk. grin.gif

Never have fished that area. Used to walk along the shore there though as a little kid with the cousins.