Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
markinthemslabs

The Slabs and the suns.

markinthemslabs    0
markinthemslabs

I just got back from a two day fishing bender and my party of four landed 50 crappies and 115 suns. Now I can't tell you the lakes. I wouldn't want the two lakes swaped with people.

So where the perch and the crappies biting around the Fergus Falls area? I just bought a new fish house so plan on breaking it in this week.

jerkin'm    3
jerkin'm

That's the best post on the OT forum in a long time..Bragging, followed by asking for help...Good luck with that... \:\/

fishin58    1
fishin58

My thoughts exactly jerkin!!! Must not have proof-read his own post! Right where they always do in the corner of da mouth!

BeezeHound    0
BeezeHound

I gave out exact coordinates to a couple spots for you on West Battle and you cant give the name of a lake? Cmon man.

BeezeHound    0
BeezeHound

I gave out exact coordinates to a couple spots for you on West Battle and you cant give the name of a lake? Cmon man.

GRAND DAD    0
GRAND DAD

Ya that is priceless, I really needed a laugh to day thanks guys!!!!

woody1975    0
woody1975

Hang On - I got this one!

"Get your gps. Enter Lat: 46 degrees 16' 59" N and Long: 96 degrees 04' 42" W"

Good Luck!

DL

sparcebag    1
sparcebag

woody I'm gonna look that up! But my guess is a dump,slew or some dumb spot, Ha Ha Ha

Cicada    5
Cicada

Did you look up Adrian yet at those coordinates?

sparcebag    1
sparcebag

Originally Posted By: woody1975
Hang On - I got this one!

"Get your gps. Enter Lat: 46 degrees 16' 59" N and Long: 96 degrees 04' 42" W"

Good Luck!

DL

HaHaHa must be a grocery store?? Google Earth

markinthemslabs    0
markinthemslabs

If you guys really want to know. It was called Murphy. We were in about 8fow. We slayed the sunnies, then we moved to a spot a little deeper about 18fow, then we hammered the crappies. None were huge, but good size eaters. It was pretty fun action. We got out there around 11pm and didn't stay past 2am. We filled out two limits within that time slot.

There you go. I just had to hold out on you guys. haha. Take it easy now. Later!

fisherman-andy    0
fisherman-andy

Actually it's OK to brag as long as you don't over do it and report your fishing properly. It's not just a fishing forum only afterall. But people on here are gonna get you for doing it if it sounds like bragging. Which is also wrong. And then it didn't help that you asked for help afterwards to that.

You didn't have to reveal your exact location, probably the general area would been more than enough. Your not obligated to tell anyone anything but if your want to be helpful post information about your catch & presentation, not just about how you slammed all them fish.

JeffS    0
JeffS

Has anyone ever considered that people aren't truthful on this forum? That's the internet for ya.

woody1975    0
woody1975

Cicada put that up a while ago and I google earthed it!

Now thats funny right there, I don't care who you are!

DL

markinthemslabs    0
markinthemslabs

I wasn't bragging. I knew that if I were to tell the info, there would be tons of people out there. I know that some of the local people would hate that. I suppose it's not a big deal anymore. Now that the houses are off the lake. I know I would hate it, if there were tons of people buzzing around the lake. Wouldn't you?

fishin58    1
fishin58

Markin...that is the way the ball bounces..guys don't want to give out a hot bite..there are thousands of people on this site daily, if a guy was to say they were killin the craps on WBL on the south side in 10ft, that post would recieve 1000 hits and you would have a new village set up on saturday. This site a guy has to be kind of selective with info. There shouldn't be lies out there like one person stated, just to throw a guy off.. We all need a little help thats why we are on this site, I think.

Gissert    17
Gissert

Hot bite reports, especially on small lakes, tend to get held to the pretty close to the vest here. That's fine, IMO. The local bait shops will be quick to point you to some good lakes to try, and that is what they are in business to do.

A few years ago, a small local lake was touted here as having a hot tulibee bite. The next weekend, it was swamped with people.

The Fergus Journal did a spread on West Battle this winter. Now that is a known community spot going back for decades, but this winter is was even bigger due to that article.

fishin58    1
fishin58

When I lived in Fargo, I would always get bait in Hawley, same gas station everytime, I would ask for the report, How about middle cormorant??His Reply "ahh Hit or miss"?? How bout the northerns out there?? his reply, "Some"..This guy must have liked his bait or something!! Same guy told my buddy where to set-up on a lake?? Where did I do wrong?? I guess I should have got gas too!!

hhguide    0
hhguide

Its all hit or miss alot of guys build up their reputation. no matter how weird that sounds. you have to give alittle information to get some. I know the local bait stores around alexandria where its the same way.

Cicada    5
Cicada

Uh-huh. Adrian is one of the meat men there. I worked with him in Bismarck and in Pelican Rapids. Great guy, he'll take you right to the walleyes and northerns in the store.

dws    0
dws

Be still my heart! A fisherman who stretches the truth. Say it ain't so.