Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyecaber

Stayed close to home eye's & saug's

7 posts in this topic

Was out fishing close to home last night and had some great action out by the dam.Was out on pool 5 below the dam got some nice fish nothing big but some nice eaters from 14-19 in. eye's & saug's.Was fishing in water from 12ft-20ft rattle jigs in the firetiger,gold and silver caught most of the fish with jiging rap's in the same colors worked also.The rap's and rattles all where in the 1/4 ounce model fished anywhere from 2-6ft off the bottom seemed the fish wanted it this way.Anyways great evening to get out very nice weather.Here are some pictures hope you enjoy them and get out fishing there are plenty to be caught right now and dont be affaid to move. cool.gif Here is a nice 18 eyeDSC00529.jpgMy buddy with a 23 eyeDSC00531.jpg And to finish it off here is a couple shots of the riverDSC00516.jpgDSC00516.jpg Yes guy's and gal's that is open water you see behind us happy fishing till next time.

Cool report! I am going to be a couple pools down from there later in the week--I hope to get in to some walleye/sauger action, too.

Great fish! Did you happen to tell your buddy that the ice was breaking and the water was getting awefully close behind him;)

The ice we were on was 10inches thick and yes we did no the open water was close to use but also new not to get any closer drilled holes all the way out thickest ice was over a 16inches on the way out.Wont be much ice much longer im sure with the nice weather forcast for the next 20 or so days. cool.gif

what lock & dam were you fishing there if you don't mind me asking? those are some nice walleyes!! congrats

I do think if you read my post its in there thanks. cool.gif

sorry man just not real famailiar with that area.