Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duckman8

March Madness Perch

3 posts in this topic

I hear that perch jerkin can be a real blast in March. I have never tried it, but have some time off in March and would like to give it a whirl. First question, When is the best time to go? Middle or end of March? Second, Where is the best place to go? Third, when is the average date that the lake is impassable. I know weather has a lot to do with this, but on average can you still get on the lake at the end of March? Thanks for the help!

I go out on St. Patricks day weekend every year and don't ever have a problem, still lots of ice. the only concern is with a lot of snow (not this year) when that starts to melt around the lake, it takes out the shoreline ice first.

I was out last year on March 17th with 2 buddies. The 3 of us took home 51 perch. It was unreal. You would drop your jig down and it was a race from the bottom up to your jig and smack, fish on. The best times were from 8am till about noon. We fished a west side mud flat. I was using a perch colored buckshot with a minnow head. I don't think it mattered what you had on that day.