Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopher Quast

Looking for some pointers on Lakers

3 posts in this topic

Hey my fellow fisher dudes!!!! First time posting here I will be staying at the Gunflint Lodge this weekend from Thursday the 28th to Monday and I want to catch my first laker really really bad We came up for the first time a couple of years back and had no bait and I was jigging a spoon and all of a sudden my vexi looked like a Christmas tree with one red bulb on it and all of a sudden it just hammered my spoon and let go and ever since this I'm out for revenge on that fish

So this year I want to come prepared for some real fishing and catch a few trout

So if I could get some pointers for what weights ,types,colors of lures are best this time of year on Gunflint and where to start looking for them depths,structure,and so on and also what is the best bet for tip up rigs this time of year and what # line do you guys suggest we use I was thinking 8lb is this to light???

Thanks for your help in advance and who knows maybe I will see you there.

Ya do a search there has been more laker info on this board this year than a guy could ever need. everything from gear to presentation and depths.