Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolfman

VERMILION VETERANS

6 posts in this topic

Vermilion Veterans visit lake about 5-10 times a year ,caught my share of pike and walley.I am looking for crappie on this awsome lake,probably around 1st part of june.Still a rookie on this lake and would be greatful for a point in the right direction for the vermilion CRAPPIE.Thank you my fishing brothers.Who better to ask.

I recommend that you try the Black Bay or Niles Bay areas for crappies that time of the year. Many of the small bays inbetween them also have crappies and sunfish.

Cliff

Cliff,you are a gentlmen and i thank you. I will give your guide service a try this year. We do ok for walleye but could use a point in the right direction for da cropdogs. Do they have any size to them? Thanks again!

Memorial Day weekend has always been my best bite. A couple weeks before or after should be good too.

Try the area from Wakeump narrows to Black Bay. Focus on reeds and brush in the shallows with a bubble gum/pink tube jig 12-24" under a float. Don't be afraid to work it fast ;\)

There are some very nice crappies if you find a spot that has not been worked over already! I have caught a few as large as 17 inches!

Cliff

Thanks Dtro used da bubble gum pink in these small puddles around hinckley did awsome looking forward to useing dem on vermilion.