Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loadmaster

Big Sandy Fishing

5 posts in this topic

Our Duluth Fishing League (MMTS) is thinking of having a get together on BSL this weekend chasing slabs and tullies. Looking for a good place to access the lake and if their are any ice build ups we have to watch out for we will be driving out.

Crappie Kieth any help??

It's a bit early for the hot tullie action ,but I do know a few are being caught along with some decent slabs here and there.

The north end is the place to find them.

Take 14 off of 65 and head towards Savanna State Park.Go 8/10ths of a mile past the Prairie River Tavern and take a left at the CYC white signs.About 3/4 of a mile you'll drop down a big hill.The access is on the right 1/4mile past the bottom of the hill on the right.

You can drive out without a problem.No heaves.There are houses at the 34 foot hole ,but there are several holes along the north side.Get your gps's out.

Good luck.

CK

Will be using my Low 332c for gps. When you said holes, I am hoping you meant depth and not open water. If you are out on Sat look for a Red f-150 with loadmaster on the rear window. Thanks>>>later the load

I meant depth.

Sorry I will not be there.

Made it out on Sunday and hit a spot that we found last summer. Did not do to bad some nice slabs but alot of little ones. When we arrived at the spot, there was no sign that a hole had been drilled this winter. Well guess what, some old man on a sled came up to us

and said that he had lived on the lake for 15 years and had never seen anybody fishing in that spot. Before we left, several sled came out and drilled some holes and started fishing close to us. So much for that spot>>>later the load