Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjohnson5150

Snobe's 2/22 & 2/23

2 posts in this topic

We arrived at LOW at 6:30 AM Fri. After walking into Riverbend to have breakfast, we quickly heard that they got broken into overnight. Their safe was stolen. Man, I hope Karma bites into the clown pounders. Anyway, we headed out on a 1 hour bomber ride to Snobe's houses at Knight Island. The 4 of us did well. We ended day 1 with 31 fish. It all started with a 23" Walleye. Throughout the day we caught some nice 14" - 17" Walleyes & a few Jumbo Perch. Pink / gold frostees tipped with a fathead seemed to be the best. I also landed a few on a green / white jig with tentacles. This set up was under an ice buster bobber. Day 2 gave us another decent pail of fish. Nothing huge, but many decent eaters. The 1 hour each way ride is well worth the fishing. I decided on my way in that I am through with Jan LOW fishing. Since I can only make it up 2x per year, I'm going before x-mas & once I hear the houses are out on the rocks. Cheers.

Keep in mind there are plenty of rocks to fish in January... You don't need to drive for an hour to find rocks. But suit yourself. Less people on the rocks, the better.