Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnhunter 3815

zipple bay 22-24

6 posts in this topic

well it was another great weekend out on the bay.2 of us caught around 60 fish.dead was the rod of the weekend but we did manager to get the 3 bigger ones on the jigging pole.we started off friday mornin around 9 am.and bang great fishing all day till about 5:30 pm.then the pout moved in we caught 3 of them biggest 1 was 27 inches long and around 10 pounds.the others were small.saturday mornin at 5:30 am a 16 inch sauger woke us up on the rattle reel so we stayed up and fished.we didnt catch another fish till 7:45 then it was game on once again.alot of small 1's through out the day to keep us interested.sunday mornin was very slow we caught 6 keeper fish from 7 am till noon then we headed for home.most of our fish were 15 to 18 inches.we did manage to get 3 realy nice eyes that were sitting about 10 ft off the bottom but we had to work very hard for them to bite. 1 eye was 23 inches,i did get a pic of that 1.the other 2 were 21 inches.i couldnt get any pics of those cause i dropped my camera and she broke after the 1st pic.we also managed to get 2 nice perch both at 13 inches.im headed back up there on march 6th so i can move my sleeper a little closer to shore since we are near the end.

Hello mnhunter,

We're headed up Sunday March 2 to Zippel, and will spend two days in sleeper, three or four of us. What jigs, bait were you using? Also, the fish seen to bite more during the day after about 7:00 AM?

Would appreciate a reply so we can stock up on the jigs. Do they have bait at Zippel Bay Resort? I suppose

we were using gold gem n eyes and red glow jigs and white glow jigs.purple demon under a bobber also worked well.i would bring up some red glow buckshots just in case they want the jigging pole.everyday can be diff up there.silver shiners worked best for us.zipple bay has bait.they started to bite between 7 am and 8 am.

mnhunter where are you out of zippel. We are east on hot spot. Not sure if we should move or not. We are in 30 fow. We are going up tomarow morning. Did not do real good the past weekend, got 7 but not real big one 16 1/2 the bigst.

up we were in 30ft to the west on honey hole.i might move in shallower like 18 ft for now then once the shallows pick up like 14ft i'll move there till the end.i like to stick a little closer to shore this time of yr.

fishinglady, we were east on hotspot, 29 fow. caught lots of little ones this past weekend. Managed to c/r one 25 inch walleye. We did keep 8 sauger for the pan. 13 to 15 inch. Sunday afternoon we drove out to honey hole in 31 ft and fished the afternoon. It was steady out there, but 90% of the fish were around 10 in. Had 1 huge pout on around 1:00 that has us all standing over the hole until we finally saw what it was. Good luck!!