• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Barry Bonds in Twins Pins?

tisosy11

How much would it cost to sign bonds? 4 to 6 million?

Would he not be a deecent DH on the twins? I would like to see him hit 763 plus in the metrodome!!!

I hope the twins do not even try to sign Bonds. His ego would not be a good fit in the clubhous. The twins are trying to build a you team for the future, and although Bonds was a great player (even though he had help) he would not be a good fit in a Twins uniform.

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif I'm assuming you are new to MN &/or the Twins. Bonds in Twins Pins?? Farve in Vikes Violet before Bonds in Twins Pins. crazy.gif

IF they were a Barry Bonds from winning it all, I would say go for it even though I cannot stand the guy.

If it were '02 or '03 I think it would be a great move. Not in '08 however as I don't think they are any one player away from winning it all.

That would be a major dissapointment. It would ruin what our team stands for. We never really have any big name guys on the roster, but we always seem to do pretty good. A guy like bonds would give us too much attention.

Yuck! Leave him out of here. I don't care about his production, he would bring the team down.

cribbage what does our team stand for?

AND goose...i'm no where near new to the twins, but bonds would be a rich mans rondell white!!!!

we could get him for the same price as we got rowhi

I think it would take more then $6 mil to get Bonds to play, I dont like him, but he is fun to watch, he would bring in fans, and if we had his bat in our lineup it would be a tough line up to beat! I think his career stats should be wiped off the books, and people should stop even counting how many homers he has. But if he played for the Twins, Im pretty sure everyone of you would cheer everytime he hit a homerun! I would! I dont like him, but I would disslike him alot less if he was knocking out homers for us, rather then against us, since he is bound to end up in the AL.

Sounds like a plan 11,

Maybe he could room with Juan "Roid"-Con !!! And they could trade supplement secrets! LOL

Windy

Bonds is a big-time [jerk-bait] and would be a mess in the clubhouse -- he does not play the Twins Way. During his first very slow jog to first his ear would be bleeding from Gardy yelling at him.

No way, Jose Canseco.

Might as well add Canseco if we are going to add a bunch of self-enflamed roid [PoorWordUsage].

I don't think he will get over 6 million because of the fact of the steroid cloud and his age.

Hes so close to 3000 and hitting more homers...I would assume he'd take a drastic pay cut to play somewhere...

I'll doubt we will get him but I sure would take him in a heartbeat.

If we did get him I don't believe he would be the cancer in the clubhouse that you all think he'd be......

Windy do you really think your Whitesox's are not as dirty as the rest of major league baseball is?

Pier,

For the most part I would say yes! I believe that my favorite White Sox players are not as dirty as the rest of major league baseball players are and if they are then they are smarter for not getting caught!

Windy

Whos the other starter you wouldnt cheer for, I am assuming that if Bonds goes to AL he would be a DH.

if bonds came to the twins, i hate to say it but i would have to cheer for the white sox. i hate bonds and always will. so lets hope he doesn't sign.

Bonds would never come to play in Minnesota unless he knew we were in the running for a WS. A couple years ago, I would have loved him on our team. He might have been able to put us over the hump. However, with the way the Twins are going, I don't see it making any sense to pay him when there is likely little chance of them going anywhere this year.

I hate him too, but wouldn't have minded seeing a DH with that kind of pop and on-base skills. He would have been monster to put in the middle of a lineup with Mauer, Morneau, Hunter, Cuddyer. Should-woulda-coulda.

Might as well add in Big Papi -- one the biggest mistakes in MN baseball history.

Cut for nothin'.

wow.

big pappi in boston and david ortiz in minnesota are two different creatures.

Ortiz didn't show any signs of what was to come. He was something like a 275 hitter with 58 homers in 4 plus years for us.

He nearly matched his twins totals in 2006 alone...

HaHa that is funny you would remember the "theme" music. The only one I can vaguely remember and don't know the name of is... Luis Castillo's. (I know it thumped a bit and kinda had a Mexican sound to it!)

Anyways, the Twins would never sign Bonds! When have the Twins ever signed an All-Star player with a big last name that wasn't already in their system, like Puckett was. The Twins will continue to look and grow from the inside. They will continue to pick up average players that can help them out for that year and if they work out, maybe longer. (SHANNON STEWART!?!?!) These are the types of guys the Twins will pick up, and even later on in the year I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up another guy that many who follow baseball will recognize or have at least heard of, but definately not an All-Star calibur guy like Bonds!

And NO, I'm not a fan of Bonds either, but he would provide a scare in that lineup along with Morneau.

If every one that is saying they would not cheer for the twins if we signed Bonds, what about the other twins that were juicing? Its all the same thing just a bigger name. Apparantly you are not true fans.

Bonds is a j-erk, and he cheated. The only problem I have with him is that he stole the HR record by cheating, and he wont admit to it. If he admitted to it, and his HR record wouldnt count. Play ball, I would be cheering every at bat for him! I would love to have his swing in our line up!

May I add it wont ever happen, and he wouldnt fit in to our Young team!

Not true Fans???? People are saying that they don't want Bonds because of his attitude and Ego as much as the fact that he cheated. If a guy cheated and admitted to it good for him. But when he walks around like his #$%#@# don't stink and thinks everyone should worship the ground he walks on, why would you want to cheer for him, or see him on your team. Have been a Twins fan all my life, will always cheer them on, but if they were to sign Bonds, I wouldn't cheer at all for him. They have a good young team that doesn't need a cancer like Bonds on it. It is very disappointing whenever a player is linked to cheating, Twin or not, but Bonds will probably never tell the truth, and doesn't deserve to play ball anymore.

You guys all say that you wouldn't cheer for him, but none of you would be complaning when he hits a homer in the 9th inning of a close game. Think about it, you might not like him, I don't either, but if he is helping you win. That said I would be dissapionted with the twins if they did sign him.