Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bimbo

anyone? bowfish

bimbo

so does anyone do any bowfishing around here? im just getting all pumped up even though its just about 2 months away! i live by cedar and i bowfish it almost everyday in the summer! i just cant wait!

stretch

oh ya there is alot of people who bowfish this area. me and about 12 other buddies go out bow fishing. i am really excited to bowfish during the night. can't wait.

late night

I used to do it alot when I was growing up in Annandale. I think I spent more time bowfishing than sitting in school during the last few weeks of the school year. I have not bowfished since I moved to Brainerd. I know there are spots but it doesn't seem to be as popular up here. That and the fact that I can't just skip work to shot a carp like I could skip school. That sucks!

bimbo

ha, yea we get in trouble for that now wiht our new pricible. did it last year many times now, this new guys crazy!

where did you do your shootin down here late night?

late night

Mostly in the creek between Cedar and Clearwater. In that creek on Strawberry Short Cut if the water was high enough. That big pond on the state land south of Hwy 55 on the creek from Swartwatts to Cedar. That one you need a boat for but there was some bigguns in there one year. Anywere that looked like there might be carp.

I hate to give away all my "sweet" spots but its been over ten years since I have done any bowfishing in that area.

bimbo

yeah, i live on cedar lake so i do most of my shootin there, and i was lookin at gettin out to that pond this year, but i dont have a boat. you didnt know ither of my brothers did you? joe or jermey adams?

late night

The name doesn't ring a bell. I graduated in 97'. That pond is hard to access. I used to do it before that house on the hill was built. I used to go through what is now his driveway. Now you have to down that big hill. The carp used to run in there pretty hard but for some reason it seemed to slow down the last several years but like I said I am not there to check it out either.

bimbo

yeah they put up gates everywhere along that from swartwatts to cedar i think 3-4 gates.

late night

I guess that would explain it. That creek used to be my old stomping grounds. A guy should ask Mars Excavating if he would mind a bowfisherman going on his property to get to that creek. There are some good areas by French Lake too.

SpearPike

late night,

I also graduated from Annandale in 97. What's your name?

bimbo

hey thanks latenight!

late night

Dave M.

jigginjim

Another spot would be Deer lake South of Buffalo. I saw alot of carp in Deer lake above the falls.

bimbo

ive heard that from a few of my buddys i think im gonna have to give it a try this year.

thank ya jim

carpshooter

bimbo do you have a boat? email me sometime

bimbo

yes, ither i go out in my pontoon, or my buddies alumacraft if were on cedar. we were lookin at gettin a jon boat and settin it up for shootin but i dont have the money to do that.

how bout you do you have a boat made for shootin?

mrklean

what do you guys do with the carp after you shoot them? I have really thought about gettin into bow fishing but dont have any use for carp or dogfish or anything like that.

carpshooter

yes, I have a 1872 jon and the only thing its used for is bowfishing. Im a bowfishing fanatic. there is someone in st cloud that had what looked like 6 foot high platforms on a pontoon. anything will work, Im going to rig a canoe I have with outriggers and platform to use on some remote lakes.

carpshooter

Originally Posted By: mrklean
what do you guys do with the carp after you shoot them? I have really thought about gettin into bow fishing but dont have any use for carp or dogfish or anything like that.

I have met some people that will eat smaller carp. All of the rest of the fish I shoot go into the manure pile on my dads farm. Be carefull, once you try bowfishing it can become an addicting sport.

Kyle Sandberg

I find it kinda funny that the DNR has placed a season on bow fishing. They kill carp and other roughfish with toxins but limit on how much time and how many we can kill? Just a thought.

I hope to try out bowfishing this spring with a couple buddies who have extended invitations. I hope they follow through. It sounds like its a ton of fun.

stretch

bimbo anther spot to try is the crow river and the mississppi river and clearwater.

we give all of all carp and dog fish to the pig farmers. they really like giving that stuff to their pigs.

SpearPike

Hey Dave its Bill K shoot me an email billk@valleygreen.net

river rat316

Originally Posted By: K Dawg
I find it kinda funny that the DNR has placed a season on bow fishing. They kill carp and other roughfish with toxins but limit on how much time and how many we can kill? Just a thought.

I hope to try out bowfishing this spring with a couple buddies who have extended invitations. I hope they follow through. It sounds like its a ton of fun.

the season is ther because game fish are shallow spawning before that, and could "easily" be mistaken for a rough fish.

bimbo

i guess ill have to take a look at the pontoon and see what i can do. hopefully i can put up a platform or two. do you have any lights on your boat? where do you do most of you shootin? around st.cloud or

bimbo

yeah me and my buddys go out on the mississippi under that bridge in clearwater but we havnt ventured any further than that.but clearwater lake i have no idea where to go there. but hey thanks i guess i'll have to look into that

thanks stretch