Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ikeslayer

Repair Manuals

5 posts in this topic

i have a 1979/80 Evinrude 88hp. i broke a linkage in it and it seems like simple fix but i want to know the right way to do it. Does anyoneknow where to find a good hayne/chilton or equivelant repair manual. Wanted fellow mn boys opinions before i started ordering online. ike

Type clymer evinrude into your web browser. I dont much care for Syloc but have had good luck the the clymer manuals.

I've also had luck at my local library. They have quite a few outboard repair manuals you can check out. Good Luck!

You may even be able to find a dealership repair manual on E-bay.

I have had great luck finding snowmobile shop manuals for all makes and models back to the late 60s there, I would assume there is a supply of outboard repair manuals there as well.

The Clymer manuals are very good although they tend to generalize many similar years together. If there is something unique or original to a specific model, they will probably miss it. On my snowmobiles, it was some safety switching that Clymer never touched on, the dealer manual had it and how to properly set them as well.

I bought a pdf manual from a guy who often lists on Craigs. It's about 4,000 pages and covers Johnson/Evinrude 56-01. He also sells on ebay under the name pdfmanualmaster.