Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
verb0026

Weekend Fishing Report

5 posts in this topic

We were also out at Zipple this weekend. We set up shop on Friday evening in the shallow water hoping to snag something. However we had no luck. The following morning we found ourselves set up in 29 f.o.w. on a very good sauger bite that was producing real nice 7-10"ers confused.gif After getting frusterated with what the spot was producing, we decided it was nice enough outside to move around and try find some bigger fish. We tried depths of 18, 24, 33, and the original 29 f.o.w. with minimum to no success. We did manage to get 7 big enough to take home though (all saugers).

At the start of our trip, we were wanting to get into some big eyes, and with not much luck at Zipple I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to a different location. We ended up going to Springsteel to fish the flats on Sunday. We did alright if perch was what you were looking for. We caught perch all day long until it was time to make the trip home. I did hook into a really big one (i think walleye) that wouldn't come up when i was trying to real it in. We noticed on the Vexilar that after about 30 seconds i had only got it to come up about 3 feet off the bottom. Doesn't the big ones always get away though? haha. When we left we had 15 perch, 2 walleyes, and 2 saugers.

nice report! you definitely did better than others last weekend

Hey all, we were out of Zipple on Wed. through Sat morning. Wed. evening, in 30fow we got a half a dozen saugers. Kept 3. On Thur, we were in 32 fow at the end of Zipples farthest road and got about 30. Some walleyes all small. Kept another 10 sauger. (3 of us). On Friday-Sat morning we were in a rental in 28 feet of dead water. Got 2 fingerlings in 24 hours. We werent too pleased about that. I was told by one of the locals, if you dont have them move it or specify where you want to be, you will get stuck in "used" water. I will know better next time. Anyway it was a first trip to the lake and learned a lot. Good Luck all

when we used to rent sleepers we always asked for fresh holes and tell them what depth we wanted.but now i got my own sleeper that i move all over the place.

We were up last weekend. Started the afternoon of the 20th. Was cold to say the least. The shack at Zippel was nice and warm. Nick set us up in a shack on a new location. At the time we were at his far NW corner, new holes. Wed we fished from 2:00 til dark and kept 5 saugers, 1 walleye and 1 jumbo perch, just enough for a small fry. Thursday the clouds moved in and between the four of use we kept 28. Nothing huge, all between 13"-16.5". A lot of fish, threw back a lot of > 13"ers. Friday we had some good runs. The fish ran bigger. We kept 22, a third were walleyes. Saturday the sun came out and things slowed down. We kept fish but not like the previous two days. We also caught 5 of the jumbo perch, the biggest was 13.5". All in all it was a great trip. Zippel treats you great.