Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doop

cancelled

5 posts in this topic

I had been planning a trip with 6 of my closest friends to LOTW.

We were scheduled to be up there March 7-12th. Tip up fishing for big jacks.

My step-dad has had cancer for a very long time and in the past 5 days, the cancer has taken over his body. Hospice will be coming in tomorrow to make him as comfortable as possible.

He and my mom live in Iowa and I'm stuck down here in Texas. That makes it so much harder.

So to all of you on the ice....enjoy yourself and good luck!

Thanks Fisky for the help you gave!

I hope goes well for your step dad and family. Prayers are sent.

Sorry to hear of this Doop, I will do my best to catch a few in your honor. I will be up there March 13th - 17th.

I feel what you are going through. We had to bury my father in-law today. I have lived next door to him for the last 13 years of my life and he too has battled cancer for the last 4 years. He passed this Tuesday evening with my wife and her mother at his side. Hospice has to be one of the most incredible services in the world. What wonderful people. You are in my thoughts and I hope your father can rest in peace.

MUC33

Doop sorry to hear of your stepdads illness. Hope he takes a turn for the better soon.

We will leave a few fish in the pond for ya and you can try and get on up here next year maybe!

Regards....fiskyknut

Sorry to hear that as well. Went through that process with my mother-in-law about five years ago & a good friend a few years before that. It's a nasty disease that we're all impacted by in some way sooner or later. You & your family will be in our prayers.