Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bolan16

Coming up in June? Need advice.

8 posts in this topic

Thinking of making a trip up there in June and was wondering if anyone has any advice of a decent resort. Just suggestions would be appreciated, I'll check them out from there. Currently tossing a lot around so any help would be greatly appreciated. A little green behind the ears to camp it out up there but may have to?

Bolan, I am biased towards Snyder's Idlewild. But you better be making your reservations where ever soon as June tends to fill up fast, if your not already too late.

I do have to through out Fronteir Reort on the Ash River, they don't have the swankest place up there but the people are great and the service is too. I have been leaving out there for the last 15 years and they treat me like one of the family. Good people are hard to find. If you go tell them Big Jeff sent you. Any where you pick I am sure you will have a blast, good luck.

Voyageur Park Lodge!! 10 cabins 16 acre peninsula. Private cabins. West end of Lake protected from grueling N, NW winds. Private boat launch. Full dock service. Free fish cleaning, packaging and freezing. Great service!! http://www.voyageurparklodge.com. Good Day

Bolan 16

June is a wonderful time on Kabetogama. Fishing is excellent!!!

Everybody has their own favorites including me for various reasons. (I am partial to Moosehorn for a number of reasons)

Check out the link below, it should help you do some searching of your own to find what is best for you.

http://www.kabetogama.com/arearesorts.htm

Thanks a ton for your help! Y'all have given me some research to look forward to and help me to make decision.

If you would be interested in a fishing a smaller lake just south of Kab for eyes, smallies, crappie and blues (also some fun Northerns), take a look at our web site.

If you stayed at Elephant Lake you could fish that one plus you're a very short drive to Kab, Crane, Ash, and/or Pelican Lakes if you wanted a change of pace during your vacation.