Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prechlerker

scott

12 posts in this topic

anyone fish scott lake by kimball just wondering if it is worth going to try my luck.

Good luck getting on ;\)

Not much happening out there.

No problem getting on. If the gate is open in the "winter" you can go on. If the gate is closed in the "winter" you can't go on But, do not leave trash at the access or on the lake.

There is no access to the lake in summer.

robbo you got an e-mail I could reach you at?

thanks i fished it in the summer a couple times did ok.Just thought i would go give it a try but if there not biting i'll go some were else thanks.

You can reach me at robinson@lakedalelink.net

e-mail sent

Was out there 4 times this year with NO luck and my buddy fishes it hard every year. this is the first time in at least 4 years that he pulled his permanent off of Scott. Moved it to Pearl and had MUCH better luck. The few times I was out, it was the dead sea. And I agree with Robbo. The land owner is gracious enough to open the gate in the winter for us to enjoy. If the word gets out too much on this lake and the weekenders go there and leave [PoorWordUsage] all over, he'll close the gate off for everyone. So enjoy that lake, and all lakes for that matter, repsonsibly! Good luck!

Prechlerker, I hope your getting permission to go out there in the summer. I was over at the owners house the other night, there keeping an eye on it, because someone let the cows out one time, during the summer, thats why they don't want people in there during summer, when the cows are pastured there.

We go down the river from the road so didn't know needed permission.

You can get to Scott by portaging from another lake, but I believe since the land owner owns all of the land around the lake, you still need permission in the summer. And just out of curtiousy, I would ask.

Nope- as long as accessing by the river you don't need permission.

I did ask them about that, they can't control any going up or down the river.

Good Luck if you go there.