Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shadyzr

Fishing report :/2/21-23/08

5 posts in this topic

My wife and 2 daughters took the wheel house up on Thursday late afternoon, and went out of Adrians. Got set up at 6:30 pm. I see that there was someone else up on the spot that they had plowed out for wheel houses. 6 miles from the island and then left. We were in 34 ft. of water. Nothing bit till 2:41 am on Friday. A huge 7.1 inch sauger. Was'nt worth getting out of bed for, I did'nt, my wife offered.

About as the sun was getting up, we started getting a few, and more steady through out the day. We caught a few less on Sat. and left around 3:30pm. on Sat. All total we kept 29 sauger,s and one walleye about 18". I did take a picture of a huge bunch of river shinners that were swimming just under the ice. I put the under water camera just under the ice and there was thousands moving in the same direction. That happened a few different times on Fri. and Sat. Hope the picture turned out.

%7Boption%7Ds6300282.jpg%7Boption%7D

Shadyzr, I too was on that 6 mile mark, about the second house in (red truck with grey fishouse). Did you stay there, the same spot, the whole weekend? I spoke to the guys at the first house, closest to the road and they did ok. We didnt, so we moved. Then on Saturday those same guys ran into me again and said that the bite had stopped for them. I saw that the too moved in shallower.

Yes, I think we were the next house farther down. Green wheel house, maroon truck. I had the 4-wheeler out running around on fri. & Sat. Did you see the minnows down the holes swimming around. Could be why the fish slowed down.

How far out does Adrians Road Go?? I usually fish out of Zipple, but have trouble finding anything deeper that 31 ft. Thanks.

We were up there a month ago & were out 7-8 miles. We actually hit the end & came back a little. We were looking for 34', but wound up fishing in 36'. I think we were out a little too far. We didn't do all that well.