Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SPTRIX

Sucker Fishing

6 posts in this topic

I realize it's early for this question, but thought I'd try to get a jumpstart on it.

I'm looking for a place to try to catch suckers this spring. We take them to Canada (filleted, of course) to use for lake trout fishing. Anyone have any recommendations where I can find them in streams or rivers in the area?

Try the creek between Cedar and Clearwater on Co. Rd 6. They used to run in there pretty hard but its been a few years since I have been down there.

They would be hard to catch there the current is pretty strong and the water is shallow. We catch alot of carp and suckers south of French Lake shore fishing the crow river. There is an access you can fish from.

May have to check the crow river if any are running there.

as jiggin jim stated the crow river, but i think that we always caught redhorse (same thing if you ask me). i used to live in saint michael and there is a spot there that a lot of kids used to hang out, not sure if it is still a hang out anymore but great fishing. if your interested in its location shoot me an e-mail bearbait87@yahoo

Thanks, fellas.

If anyone else has recommendations, I'd appreciate it.