Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hondavxr

Feb. 22-24 Dead Sea Report

3 posts in this topic

I went out of Hunter Winfields and all I have to say is that I recommend these guys to anyone. Nice clean houses. Caught only two in the ice house and both were lost, a big fat muskie, and a big fat walleye. My group did end up with around 10 jumbos, but we had to work hard for them. I tried every jig in my tackle box, and all sorts of live bait. There was millions of little perches. It was still a fun weekend even though the fish did not cooperate. I recommend Hunter Winfields to anyone, first class resort .

I made it up to my with my friend this weekend to his shack out of the Red Door. I had to work until 10pm friday night so we didnt get up there until 2:30 am saturday. We got our lines in the water and we were woke up at sunrise by this beauty of a 23" eye.

100_1830.jpg

My friend had done well last time up with jumbos and we were hopeful that they would be around again but we had nothing but 4"ers all on the camera. So we hit some north end mud for a couple hours in the afternoon and drilled a bunch of holes. Again we found nothing but 4"ers. Saturday evening, not a run on the rattle wheels. Put the camera down sunday am and there were more perch around. I put a jig down and instantly saw a jumbo. It was cloudy and it seemed the jumbos had slid up where we were. We also saw a dozen eyes on the camera from 8-12am. We were able to pick off a few of the jumbos sunday. We saw some real brutes. We missed a few real brutes. We stayed until 8pm and headed home. Heres a few of the perch we caught.

An 11"er.

100_1831.jpg

A few more 11"ers.

100_1833.jpg

Thanks for the report james, I was up on Saturday with similar luck, a 14 inch walleye, a ton of 8 inch perch with the biggest at 11". My buddy caught a 5 pound eel pout around 3 o'clock too.