Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irvingdog

fishing boat rental

4 posts in this topic

OK, usually I plan my trips to Rainy a year in advance, and it is with 8 other guys. This time, I'm taking my son and his teacher, who just happens to be from Argentina. When we joke about digging a hole in the earth all the way to China, Argentinians say the same thing, accept they say Canada! He lives with us for the year, and wants to lay eyes on Canada very badly. Unfortunately, I don't trailer my boats. They are at, and stay at, the cabin. So I want to grab my camping gear, and go. To that end, and because this is impulsive, I want rent a fishing boat (don't need electronics)with a decent motor for a few days without breaking the bank.

So, any ideas? Like I said, this is last minute (in my world) and I'd love to do this for this kid, but I want to do it at a reasonable rate.

All help appreciated.

I don't know if he does but give woody a call at Woodys Fairly Reliable, great guy and could put you on some fish...of course he is on the MN side though.

Well, truthfully, all he is going to do is see Canada, we won't cross. I don't want to deal with the remote border pass, etc.

I've fished with a Woody guide before. I'd have rather fished with Woody himself.

I don't know what guide you fished with but if you want a good guide with woodys get rainydaze or doc!! They were great when I was there and they really knew what was going on honestly I think they might get out fishing more so then woody but dont know for sure. Just give woody a call I know they will help you out.