Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigtime22

Where to walk out of Craguns

6 posts in this topic

It is going to be my first time ice fishing out on Gull, I am going to be up there for a charity event. Just wondering if there is anywhere that I can drop a line within walking distance of Craguns. I am not going to be bringing my 4 wheeler, so any help would be appreciated.

Is there any locations in that area where I will have a shot at some nice crappies, any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

The shorelines around cragun's drop off pretty fast, so you wouldn't have to walk out very far. I know they set out there ice shacks right infront of the resort, less than 100 yards from shore. I don't know what they catch out there. The one problem is activity on the ice. There is a skating rink there, snowmobiles back and fourth over and over and over again. So you might have to walk farther down the shore just to get away from the people.

theres a good spot east across the lake and out by the island just out from the bridge in 25 fow for crappies am and early pm bite . they like c. minnows at i7 ft down on a plainhook set up . djwood

Yesterday were there.

Drilled about 30 holes, ice is more then 36"- used extension for auger.

Fished from 11am to 9pm at 6 to 32FOW, was very slow.

Tim, get away from snowmobile trail, if you can! But you have to walk a good mile or so...

Ended day with 6 perch and 1 walleye.

Any way it was a great day to be out.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your help, its looking like I am only going to be able to get a few hours of good fishing in. Its nice to have some kind of idea on a lake that Ive never fished. I will let everyone know how I did.

Thanks,

Tim