Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Bigtime22

Where to walk out of Craguns

Bigtime22

It is going to be my first time ice fishing out on Gull, I am going to be up there for a charity event. Just wondering if there is anywhere that I can drop a line within walking distance of Craguns. I am not going to be bringing my 4 wheeler, so any help would be appreciated.

Bigtime22

Is there any locations in that area where I will have a shot at some nice crappies, any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

JBMasterAngler

The shorelines around cragun's drop off pretty fast, so you wouldn't have to walk out very far. I know they set out there ice shacks right infront of the resort, less than 100 yards from shore. I don't know what they catch out there. The one problem is activity on the ice. There is a skating rink there, snowmobiles back and fourth over and over and over again. So you might have to walk farther down the shore just to get away from the people.

djwood

theres a good spot east across the lake and out by the island just out from the bridge in 25 fow for crappies am and early pm bite . they like c. minnows at i7 ft down on a plainhook set up . djwood

Ladoga

Yesterday were there.

Drilled about 30 holes, ice is more then 36"- used extension for auger.

Fished from 11am to 9pm at 6 to 32FOW, was very slow.

Tim, get away from snowmobile trail, if you can! But you have to walk a good mile or so...

Ended day with 6 perch and 1 walleye.

Any way it was a great day to be out.

Good Luck!

Bigtime22

Thanks for your help, its looking like I am only going to be able to get a few hours of good fishing in. Its nice to have some kind of idea on a lake that Ive never fished. I will let everyone know how I did.

Thanks,

Tim