• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"Hardwater vs Openwater"

Ok we all love to fish year around,but if you had to choose one season which would it be? For me it would be icefishing,becaue I have more free time on my hands in the winter.Spring time work-Turkey hunting,summer work-work,fall work-hunting,but I do find some free time for fishing.All in all we live in a winter wonderland,so fish,fish and once in awhile snowmobiling or whatever your heart desires. grin.gif

i would say ice fishing as well, becuase i spear all winter long, and in the boat buzz, you have all the time in the world in the winter time. I go love bass fishing all season, but spearing is just in my blood.

im going to have to go with ice fishing just because the rush never gets old when you pull a big fish through the hole, although casting cranks out on the boat when the there is no win and the lake look like glass is also up there with my tops

I have to go with icefishing also. I only have a small boat and don't dare fish any metro lakes because of all the traffic. In the winter I can easily fish all these "busy" lakes without worrying about traffic. Plus it's cheaper than having to drive up north. grin.gif

I'm going to be a curve breaker... Dont get me wrong, I love to ice fish. But I would never give up my boat. Open water gets my vote... but I could have that if I moved south... I really like to keep both.. hence I live here!

Ditto Deitz. Open water for sure. Ice fishing is what gets me by when the lakes shut up \:\) But I do love ice fishing. Glad we live in a place that offers us so much. Just like duck hunting versus deer hunting - I live for duck hunting, but still love deer hunting as well, just not as much.

Open water because to many people ice fish now days. Anybody with a truck can get to 8 mile reef in the winter but not everybody with a truck (or boat for that matter) can get there in the summer.

Hardwater,

Summer is too nice to be in a boat all day. Winter is so nasty that the best place to be is in a fishhouse all day.

Still enjoy both, but if I had to pick one...hardwater.

Hardwater for me. I'm able to get out many more times in the winter than in the summer as there are a lot fewer activities going on with the kids sports etc. I do miss bass fishing right about now though...

Open water without a doubt! Ice fishing is good to pass the time until I can get out in a boat again. I prefer to cast for fish rather than just dropping a line down a hole. With that being said...I'll be ice fishing on Owasso in a few hours!

Only about 45 more days until open water!

jwhjr, you caught a bass last summer? \:\)

Open water for me, too. I like ice fishing, but I love the mobility, the weather, being in the boat, taking the kids out. I especially like being able to just lay down & lounge if that's what I feel like doing!

Hey now, I seem to remember a certain East Metro lake we went to that you ended up going back to a few times after because there were a few bass in there grin.gif. Good luck this afternoon!

There is nothing like fighting a big ol' bass out of some weeds in what is my vote for OPEN WATER!

im going with icefishing cause you meet new fishing buddies and share tip and tricks. oh yeah dont forget if you dont catch fish there always a buzz.

I dont have a boat so I would say hardwater. Nothing like not knowing whats down there and watching your bobber go *floomp* and the fight is on for the unknown until a fish pops his head through the hole. May be a different opinion when I get a boat, but hardwater for sure

I dont have a boat so I would say hardwater. Nothing like not knowing whats down there and watching your bobber go *floomp* and the fight is on for the unknown until a fish pops his head through the hole. May be a different opinion when I get a boat, but hardwater for sure

I'm fishing all year long no matter what, and love both hard water and open water. If I had to choose one though it would definately be open water.

Soft water for me. Ice fishing is fun and all, but for me I love getting out more in the summer and fall.

I love both, its almost a toss up but I guess I would say open water is my favorite.

I like how we live in a state where by the time you get sick of fishing one way, its on to the next season. By fall I almost get sick of fishing out of the boat and am looking forward to hard water, and then by spring same thing, cant wait to use the boat again! I think this helps us all get fishing fever twice every year when the season changes, where as elsewhere its pretty much the same year round.

I'm with you on this Chad,

I like fishing from the boat best on the open water, but now with a wheel house it might be just as good in the winter too.

I was thinkig that if Minnesota "ONLY" had Ice or "ONLY" had open water how much more i would have to spend. grin.gif, but then it wouldn't give us something to look forward to 1/2 way thru the year.

ice fishing. theres nothing better than trying to get a monster walleye through an 8" hole.