Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cody Lubeley

Chubby Darters

15 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any luck on these ive used them a little bit with no luck, I always find it hard to get away from the live bait

Thanks

Yea this years chubby darter was great!! I caught a couple walley,perch, and 1 northen on it. I heard about them and then read a lot of reveiws on them and they all said good things so i bought a couple and so did some people from my work and we all love them. I use the hot perch one.

i tried out the smallest chubby darter i could find, i think it was a 3, and i fished it plain without any live bait hoping for the best and i caught quite a few crappies on it. its also the hot perch color. a very good alternative to live bait

personally i dont think they work. maybe i just dont know how to use them? idn but cant be that hard. i just persoanaly think they work all that well.

i like live bait my self.

I have about 6 of them I think they are #4s they are 2" long I always tip the front hook with a minnow head. they work great for eye's and perch when the fish are active. Alot of times times the action will bring the fish in and if they dont hit it they will go to your dead stick. I seen they now make a smaller one its about 1" long this should work great for jombos.

I used one up on URL, and the eyes about ripped the pole out of your hands. The didn't react to anything else like that. I've used them on a number of different lakes and this was the first success for me.

I was hoping to catch my first fish on one this weekend but to no avail...still waiting!

The small #3 work the best, I had to try them to believe it. Lots of jumbo perch and a bunch of walleyes all plain hooks with no bait. I does suck to lose a $7 lure to northerns though.

That Chubby #3 would win "new lure of the year" if you ask me. I personally hammered fish this winter with it. I always tip the front treble with a head of a minnow. Caught a bunch of perch, crappie, walleye and northern. The glow in the dark red one hands down was the best for me. My last vision of that great lure is watching a 10+ lb. northern breaking me off at the hole and then he slowly sank for a couple of seconds with "glow red" in his upper lip! Only bought 1 red one at the ice show this year...only to find out I could never find another one again this season! FYI...that walleye I am holding up in my avatar came out of Wita, and was a victim of "Glow Red"!

Lake trout seem to like the size 5 and I have caught a few walleyes out on tonka with them as well.

I just got back from GM. I picked up two of the #3 now I cant wait to get up to the cabin and try them on the jumbos !!

I was at Joe's Sporting Goods today off Rice & 36. They had a half dozen #3 glow reds in with the remains of their ice fishing tackle. Now they have 5 left! -E-

You can always order them off there website if you can no find them anywhere else.

C.D.'s are awesome! Perch color works for me. all sizes! i sually just randomly jig em aggresively. Does anyone have a solid method they use?