Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
picksbigwagon

summer time trip

5 posts in this topic

a few friends and I are looking into doing a summer trip on the upper st. croix. Maybe a two day trip starting above st. croix state park and ending at st. croix state park of close to it. Does anyone here have any suggestions of parts of the st. croix that would be a great 2 day float and fish????

not really interested in down by taylors falls, just a good stretch where we can camp one or two nights and get a lot of multidimensional fishing.

Put in at Riverside, above Danbury. Canoe to the Hwy 70 bridge in Grantsburg.

Awesome stretch of the river.

I second that DonBo,the area around the state park is a nice run,and you never know what you might tie into,last summer I had a muskie follow a spinerbait right up too my feet[wading] scared the #@$% out of me!!! the smallies we going real good,and it was during the week so I had most of the river to myself.....lots of fun.

is that trip to grantsburg a two day trip? looks like it could be a long 2nd day. where would a guy park his car in either town where it wouldn't get messed with (i.e. meth heads cutting off the catalitic converters, gutting your car, blocking it up and stealling wheels, etc.) could a person contact the local police and let them know what was going on and ask them to drive by once in a while?

It is a pretty good distance for 2 days with some time to fish along the way. It's about 40 miles. You could put in at Danbury and shorten it by 5 or 6 miles, but the park at Riverside is probably a safer place to leave a car.

There are nice parks at both ends, but you always take a chance. Don't leave anything you can't live without.

Contact Wild River Outfitters in Grantsburg for better info. You may even want to rent a canoe from them and let them drop you off, leaving you with only one vehicle.