Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
so haaad

Smith Action Optics

6 posts in this topic

I know that a couple of you have Smith Action Optics, but has anyone ever fished with the photochromic polarized copper lenses? I'm just curious how they compare with the photochromic brown lenses for MN/WI river fishing?

sorry, I just have the brown lenses. I've been looking a geeting an Rx pair of polarized photochromic fishing glasses. I like action optics, but the Smith website kept saying the webiste was being redone and will be finished next week. It's about 20 weeks later and it still says that.

I've been looking at the transitions that oakley has, but the sweetest lenses I've seen were at my eye doctor, but they were a couple hundred bones. I can put them in an action optic frame if I wanted to.

I’ve got them, only mine are prescription with bifocal. I’ve been wearing them for about 7 or 8 years. I’ve tried grey, brown and yellow lens in the past, but find the “copper” works about the best for all around use around here, with grey coming in a close second. They seem to give the best contrast so you can see that “shadow” more clearly. I will say this; the transitional (photochromatic) feature of them really doesn’t change all that much, maybe 20 or 30%. This is to say, they don’t get very dark, nor do they get very light. I highly recommend them.

Mike

I'm trying for the life of me to remember the name of the optics that they were selling at my optometrist. They were a transition polarized lens, available in Rx, and they changed from an amber to a copper and brown color. Never seen that before in a lens. most transistion lenses only change within one color spectra

Thank you guys. They are my next "big" purchase.

I second Magneto...have had the photochromic copper for about a year now. Love 'em. Best glasses I'ved used. Swapped glasses with a buddy just to check out the difference. He has brown, and there was very little difference. Swapped with another buddy that has smith dark gray polarized color, and on darker bottoms you could not see fish that you could with the copper.

After using them one day, I had no buyers remorse whatsoever. Wish I could say that about all purchases...