Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris63

Maggots/Waxworms/Eurolarve?

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any luck with these baits this ice season?Are perch active and at what depths.Chomping at the bit to come up.We'll be leaving a week from yesterday.................ARE WE THERE YET!?C63

In my opinion I would leave the Maggots/Waxworms/Eurolarve at home...We were using a minnow head and did just fine...matter of fact I was putting two minnow heads on in case one was stolen or fell off. The "BIGGER" perch prefer the minnow head over the tiny waxy! We seemed to do okay - every perch we caught was about 10" to 12.5" with just a few 9". We managed 55 of them!

Just My Opinion!!

Good Luck!!

wow!thanx for the reply,How deep were you getting the perch in?55,that must have been a couple of minutes cleaning those up?c63

Luckily there were 4 of us so we each only ended up with 15 or so!!! We were in 22 to 24 feet of water on mud flats!!!!

I got an electric fillet knife and won't live without it!! It loves to clean perch and walleyes!!!

Have Fun!!