Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish-n-Freak

Travel on area lakes??

5 posts in this topic

I haven't been out in over a week, how are the lakes? I drive by and see the drifting, but I also see cars and trucks. I have a Suburban and figure that the 4-wheel drive and little common sense should make it OK to get out on the chain and/or Osakis.

Has anyone seen any areas that would be sled travel only?

Thanks,

Steve

F-N-F, you should be fine with the burban, like you said as long as you use common sense. There are some hard drifts out there that could hang you up if a person trys to plow a good sized drift. Good luck out there, the bigger sunnies and a few crappies are starting to show themeselves again.

Was out on Miltona last night (Sunday) & could go pretty much wherever I wanted, just had to drive around a few drifts. Got stuck once, slowed down to look at the gps & then realized I was right in the edge of a big drift. Took quite a bit of shoveling & pushing to get it moving again. Very slippery snow. I don't have the greatest tires in the world either.

So...How was the fishing?

We caught 4-5 walleyes all 9-11", so I'd say poor. Only the second time out there this year. I just started ice fishing the lake for walleyes last year & only have found about 2 semi productive spots. I've fished it a total of 7-8 times in the last two winters.

The ice is about 3' thick I'd say now. I already had my extension on, so I don't know if I would have had to have it, but I'd say not quite.