Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alex1

Fishing License expiration date

11 posts in this topic

Ok everyone here we go, I've been told from a couple different people and even saw it on a website for a resort on Mille Lacs that the expiration date for the fishing licenses got changed tl April 30th. The only problem is no one can show me anything in writing as to whether or not this true. I even called the local bait shop down here and they weren't sure, and I checked the DNR website and couldn't find anything.

Here's the question does anyone know if this is true or fiction confused.gif, and were did you get your infortmation from. I and others I'm sure would like to know if we need to get a new license next week or if a person can wait till the end of April.

yes its true and the shelter tags are also good till april 30th.i emailed the dnr.

It is on the DNR website, you must have missed it. Maybe look under recent releases...

I also posted this on the Alexandria area forum and got a response guys and gals. It is on the DNR web site under the ice conditions posting and frequently asked questions. It has been changed till April 30th. It wasn't passed until the new license for 2007 was out so anyone that baught a new license right away last year like I did it still showed Feb. 29th. If you waited till lte spring or summer to get it your license will show April 30th.

so even if you got your license early and it says feb. 29th it's still good until the end of april?

I can't find my license. Should I get a duplicate 2007, or can I go ahead and buy my 2008? Is 2008's available now, and are they valid for this time of year?

I recall correctly, duplicate wasn't outragous. 10 bucks or so.....well then again a new one would be smarter if it is only a fishing license.

Your 2008 license is NOT valid until May 1.

Duplicate is only $2.50

My question is then, why when you go into the fishing regulations section off of the main MNDNR webpage, does the following still show,

"2007 Fishing Regulations (1.5 MB)

Effective March 1, 2007 - February 28, 2008

The online version of the 2007 Fishing Regulations contains the latest corrections to the printed version. Corrected text is highlighted in green." and,

"2008 Fishing Regulations (1.9 MB)

Effective March 1, 2008 - February 28, 2009"

I would think that they could at least put a big notice right on the main fishing regulation's page notifying folks of the new season license dates (and correct them on the Link titles). Too much to ask???