Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icehouseaddict

Final Weekend Gameplan?

8 posts in this topic

Whats everyones game plan for the final weekend? Shallow, Deep, Weeds, Rock, Sand, Mud? Not quite sure what my plan is yet, would like to pick up a few eyes, or some pike.... I may head to a spot with my perm where I did well on the panfish lastyear this time, also a good spot for the bigger fish if running some tip-ups.. Its a small hole 10-15 ft with weeds nearby.... That lake seems to have quieted down, not nearly as many people on it as there were when the crappies were biting real good. Hopefully theres a bite heating up for this weekend. grin.gif Either way its time on the ice!! Good Luck All!

I have family coming down for the final weekend to flag fish. I have heard reports of good piking on east Jeff - but have never fished it. Any tips on locations out there?

My gameplan is to catch as many walleyes as possible...although it is much easier said than done! lol

Icehouseaddict: I think I know the area and lake you are talking about and I was considering a move there as well, but I'm not sure. I say go for it though, if it is the same lake and area I'm thinking about the possibilities are endless as to what you may catch!

And Welcome to FM! I am fairly new here as well!

Jaspernuts: The weed bed on the south bay of the lake seems to be where all of the spearing guys go. Otherwise the front bay right by the landing has a small hump in it that seems to attract the darkhouse crew as well.... I haven't had much luck on the slimers this year so I can't be much more help than that...

Thanks icehouse. I had a lake going good for pike but had 0 flags last weekend. Looking at the net counts - this lake definitely has them in there. We have only pickled 1 batch this year, need to get some this weekend!

My gameplan: Work deep on the inside turns and tips of points at the base of the breaks for walleyes. If nothing, move shallower. Then if nothing, come home and have a cold one! grin.gif

With the ice how thick it is and having only a hand auger I might be better off sitting on the ice with a 6 pack and not even fishing. I think I might just stay home with a 6 pack and wait for the thaw so I can drill a hole.

I think I will take the kids to a movie, spend some time with the wife and rest. Going to URL next week for 5 days of beer, more beer and maybe some fishing mixed in there somewhere. Good luck to all this weekend.

Duane