Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
O2BFSHN

02-18-08 to 02-20-08 Report

3 posts in this topic

Well I figured that I would post our groups report. Had a great time but not the best fishing. It was four of us. We ended up catching one crappie and 9 walleyes. All but one walleye came from the dead sticks. Jigging was not effective at all. Used fat heads on all types of glow jigs. The only consistant thing was that the walleyes were all caught between 6 and 8pm. The crappie came at midnight. 2 nights of fishing and got 5 walleyes that were under the 17inch mark. 4 that were not. Weather got cold and I know how fishing goes... I really hope this lake figures out its course.

Best of Luck!

With the eye season ending soon,Sure hope the crappies start makin an appearance, and start hitting,headin up march 10

I fished with a group of four from 2pm Friday until 7am Saturday. We caught 3 walleyes, two 16 inchers, one 11 incher, one 11 inch perch, one walleye missed right at the hole and one snapped line. I marked a couple fish that wouldn't bite through-out the night. Of the fish we did catch; the perch at 4:30pm, one walleye came at about 7pm, the next at about 10:30pm and the last one came about 3am. We had a pretty good assortment of lures down there. Pink jig on adead sticking with the minnow head and pink demon set-line with a whole minnow accounted for two walleyes.

Not the best fishing but it was nice to make my first trip of the year. I was hopping for that one crappie that would have motivated me to make another trip later this year but he didn't bite and now I am thinking I may be done with Red Lake for the year. It would be nice to bring a protable and really give the lake a good working over but I don't think my bank account is going to allow that to happen. Even with four guys spliting the cost everything adds up fast. It was a long night and a longer three hour trip home this morning.