Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
O2BFSHN

02-18-08 to 02-20-08 Report

O2BFSHN

Well I figured that I would post our groups report. Had a great time but not the best fishing. It was four of us. We ended up catching one crappie and 9 walleyes. All but one walleye came from the dead sticks. Jigging was not effective at all. Used fat heads on all types of glow jigs. The only consistant thing was that the walleyes were all caught between 6 and 8pm. The crappie came at midnight. 2 nights of fishing and got 5 walleyes that were under the 17inch mark. 4 that were not. Weather got cold and I know how fishing goes... I really hope this lake figures out its course.

Best of Luck!

t rex

With the eye season ending soon,Sure hope the crappies start makin an appearance, and start hitting,headin up march 10

late night

I fished with a group of four from 2pm Friday until 7am Saturday. We caught 3 walleyes, two 16 inchers, one 11 incher, one 11 inch perch, one walleye missed right at the hole and one snapped line. I marked a couple fish that wouldn't bite through-out the night. Of the fish we did catch; the perch at 4:30pm, one walleye came at about 7pm, the next at about 10:30pm and the last one came about 3am. We had a pretty good assortment of lures down there. Pink jig on adead sticking with the minnow head and pink demon set-line with a whole minnow accounted for two walleyes.

Not the best fishing but it was nice to make my first trip of the year. I was hopping for that one crappie that would have motivated me to make another trip later this year but he didn't bite and now I am thinking I may be done with Red Lake for the year. It would be nice to bring a protable and really give the lake a good working over but I don't think my bank account is going to allow that to happen. Even with four guys spliting the cost everything adds up fast. It was a long night and a longer three hour trip home this morning.