• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Albino Moose

David Kasten

Pic was taken in ft. john british columbia,has anybody seen an albino moose or deer in person?

albinomoose.jpg

I saw an albino deer many years ago up north when I was a young whipper snapper.

Cool looking Moose.

you can consider yourself pretty lucky if you have. Spent many long days in the woods up that way and never seen anything like it.talk about some useful camoflauge..

albinomoose2.jpg

I think moose are pretty dang cool animals just in general. My friend moved to alberta and iv been up there a couple times to visit him and we go camping for a week in Bristish Columbia everytime i do and its pretty nice country side up that way.

Last summer Rod and Gun and myself spotted a albino deer in Two Harbors...........haven't seen it again, so I hope it is still out there.

I have only seen one moose in my lifetime. I was driving on the Gunflint with my wife looking for moose. We drove all the way up and we started heading back when we turned a corner and there was a huge cow about 20yds in front of my car eek.gif. Coolest thing I have ever seen! grin.gif

I am not sure. I don't think it is. I remember seeing a pic of a person that harvested one probably a couple of years ago NW of Mille Lacs Lake.

We saw an albino deer in one of the state parks by Mille Lacs it was a little doe, pretty cool to see though.

Those pics are amazing. Thanks for sharing. The locker plant in St.Joe has a full body mount of a albino doe laying down in a glass encasement that is pretty cool also. Was shot near St.John's university just down the road.

Quote:
it is illegal in minnesota to harvest an albino deer is it not?

As long as it has a spot (dime size even) of brown, it is not considered an albino and can be taken. That's my understanding anyway.

there is not a law protecting albino deer in the state of MN....wisconsin on the other hand there is a law preventing you from shooting an albino

It is not illegal to kill an albino deer in minnesota. Actually i have heard that they would like to see them killed. They are Genetic Defects. A person in our party killed an albino last year. we saw it maybe twice in the summer before season.

Not one, but two ! Truly amazing ! These animals were photographed just north of the Wisconsin border on a highway near Marenisco , MI .

Once in awhile there is an opportunity to take in a piece of nature that you may never see. In these days of unrest and turmoil it is great to see that Mother Nature can still produce some wondrous beauty.

albinomoose.jpg

I had a customer send me a picture two years ago of a black deer, harvested in wisconsin.

Great pics! It IS NOT ILLEGAL to harvest an albino deer in Minnesota. It is, however, illegal to harvest an albino deer in Wisconsin as they are protected.

UMDSportsman- Where do you hunt? I see you said someone harvested an albino in your party, just curious as to where as I see you have two towns listed. Thanks!

Coach1310- I like to hunt both places, but the albino deer was taken in the Foley area. i would post pictures but the pictures i have are of it hanging in the tree(aginst forum picture policy), not the ones that were taken in the summer.

Here is a link to a picture of our party with the albino deer.

http://www.d.umn.edu/~raux0051/5230/glocal/assets/cover_1.jpg

Correction, I've seen 4 albinos....saw one in Father Hennepin(sp?) park on Mille Lacs two years ago, forgot until someone mentioned the big pond.

I am usually not one to dispute the validity of other peoples pictures.................BUT, I can say with 99% certainty that those moose were not photographed in Marenisco, MI. I grew up in Bessemer (15 mins. west of Marenisco) and have never heard of ANY albino moose. I have fished, hunted, snowmobiled, etc. all over the area and have never come across a "normal" moose, let alone an albino. I believe those pictures have been circulating around the internet for awhile now and were actually shot in Canada.

There is a bait shop just west of Lake Gogebic that has numerous pictures of albino deer, and I believe and albino bear, but no moose.

You're right shiner--2-white moose pics come from the trans-canada--near Wawa.

The white cow with normal calf was taken someplace out west--notice the magpie in pic.