Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lekanoff

Auger Extension

7 posts in this topic

Heading up this weekend, is an extension needed to get through the ice, the last time I used an extention was 2004.

Just made it through without an extension last weekend. But we are blocked up pretty high.

Same thing here, we are up about 9 inches from the top of the floor to the ice and we just about hit the floor with the auger. We're bringing the extension just in case.

Heck no, the ice was only 25", but then the power auger wasn't working so all I had was my chisel and I chiseled my holes. One good thing was I could make my holes as big as I wanted!

I had more then 25" on anderson reef, needed the ext for the wheel house and one other went down to the power auger head in his portable on the reef next to us.

How hard is it to throw the extension in wherever you go this time of year. It takes up zero room and the piece of mind is worth it.

If you don't own one you have to buy one. That's usually the case with these posts.