Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scoot

Reports from the North end- What's up Stu?

Scoot

Stu, what's happening up there? Really dang cold, I know...

Keep us updated as the weather improves and you get the courage to brave the weather.

Scoot

Stu... you out there?

Catmendo

Scoot, that cold snap kept us off the lake for some time, however now that the weather has improved we're back at her again.

The action on the lake has continued to remain hot. We're heading out 6:00 AM tomorrow morning and I'll post a report ASAP!

AUGER EXTENSIONS ARE A MUST!!!

Dock Boy

Stu, We are coming up in late march and are going to stay at your facilities. For travel we will be bring sleds or sixwheelers depending on the conditions. My question for you is what do we need to bring them across the border? Paper work? Thanks for your help and we are excited.

Ray1

I will be up there on the weekend of the 15th instead of this comming weekend, but i still have your smelt if you still want them Stu. See you on the 13th of march, and keep them big greenies tied up for me Stu.

Catmendo

You don't need any special permits to bring your sleds or ATV's across, as long as they're registered or licensed by your home state.

As for those smelts? Yes please, I'll have good use for them!

In case anyone is wondering why I am posting at this time instead of being out on the lake chasing walleye, here it is. The weather "FORECAST" for today "WAS" calling for windy conditions, combined with adequate snow fall. Unfortunately we decided to alter our fishing plans and take heed in the "FORECAST".....big mistake!

LeeMB

FYI fish are biting ok on lake Winnipeg. Access is tough for trucks till snow settles.

Good bite though and soem nice sized fish as well.

Ray1

Thanks Lee

LeeMB

Was out Sat PM. 2 guys, 4 hours, 22 fish 3 over 28". My experiance is not uncommon. Others catching as well. Lake access is a problem for trucks. Quads or sleds it is a breeze.

See you out there this month!

Lee

Ray1

Thanks again Lee. Keep us updated on the travel conditions. We really dont want to pull up a trailer if we dont have too.

LeeMB

we just need it to warm up a bit so the snow quits blowing around. A couple of warm days should do it, maybe next week........

Catmendo

Originally Posted By: Ray1
Thanks again Lee. Keep us updated on the travel conditions. We really dont want to pull up a trailer if we dont have too.

Ray, I suggest that you haul up your sled/ATV regardless. If the pressure ridge that's been causing so much grief decides to open up again, those who don't have amchines are screwed!

Like Lee stated, the action has been Hot. I haven't been posting on-line for some time now. I've been exploring other (less pressured) area's of the lake and have been enjoying great results! It's a blast whacking loads of quality fish, especially in a area where nobody else is fishing!

We've also been enjoying good results on the river, once again in an area that see's litle pressure.

See you soon...

Ray1

Well Stu, Loren, John(Icehole) and myself will be up there on the night of the 13th i believe so keep them greenbacks tied up for us.LOL . Oh and i still have your smelt. Thanks again Stu. Im getting really excited.