• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arnesen's Report Feb 16 - 18

Caesarfishinguytoo

Well we had 4 us stay in a sleeper house and first off the people at Arnesen's are friendly people and always willing to help you when needed. I would recommend them and we are heading back next year.

Now on to the report. I want to say it was slow but then when I look at the numbers it is hard to justify that, but it was a tad slow but had a blast none the less.

Eel Pout - 5 (ate our first pout, boiled in moutain dew and water and then dipped in butter. The first taste that came to mind when I took my first bite was lobster. Okay not that good, but this was a very very tasty fish. Biggest 28"))

Saugers - 38 (most were dinks, but we managed about 10 keepers. Biggest 14.5")

Walleyes - 27 (brought home our limit for the 4 guys. No slot fish and the biggest was 18")

Perch - 55 (all were in the 10" to 12.5" range and were some fat pigs)

That is our report - love the lake, love the resort and can't wait to get back there next year!!

Thanks for the report! We are heading up next weekend for four days out of Arnesen's. I have been talking with them and they weem to be very helpful.

How far out did they have you in the sleeper house? Were you out to the reefs or in the flats?

Can't wait to get there!

We were on the flats not very far at all, I am not great at judging mileage, but we were in their first set of houses. Our house was called the "Perch" house.

were you right out front of the resort or were you closer to Gull Rock or were you east towards Twin Islands or west towards Cookers? Any idea?

I would say we were right out in front of the resort on a big flat in about 22' to 24' of water. Maybe 2 - 4 miles.

OK, just curious. I fish up there a lot and have never had that much perch action. 50. Wow. I have seen where you might get 10 in a day but not a whole lot more than that...

Originally Posted By: bapperpimp
OK, just curious. I fish up there a lot and have never had that much perch action. 50. Wow. I have seen where you might get 10 in a day but not a whole lot more than that...

Well, I got 3 other guys that can confirm that for me (btw - it was 55)...matter of fact I got almost half of that total myself at 25. It was a steller trip!!!! Ask Joe from Arneson's - while he stopped by I caught 3 in the 10 minutes he was there!!! \:\)\:\)

Caesar:

what did u use for lures? gold what? minnow head or whole minnow? I'm going up this week end, will be fishing out of a portable. If u see a 99 brown sub stop in and say hi.

That must have been a pretty good trip. By the way, I never questioned the validity of the report. I was just amazed you found that many up there. I hope to find some myself next weekend.

Originally Posted By: SrBrits
did you have much of a night bite?

and would you do the sleeper again or head to shore and stay in the cabins?

Night bite pretty much didn't exist. We caught 1 sauger, 1 perch and 3 pout after dark.

We love doing the sleepers, so it will be sleepers again next year...my only issue is with the dueces, but those are usually only one a day so I can overcome that!! \:\)

Originally Posted By: ACK65
what did u use for lures? gold what? minnow head or whole minnow?

We used glow red on the jigging stick!!! tipped with a minnow head or two...I like two because usually if you get robbed they only steal one.

dead stick was a plain hook (red again seemed to be working best)