Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shakojdub1425

Were is everyone going for the last week of Eyes,and Pikes

32 posts in this topic

Just wondering were and what everying is going to try to use or do this week and weekend for the last week of walley and pike fishing?

I'll be painting a new room in the house for the next generation fisherman due next month!

headed to lake of the woods for my 11th trip this season lol

Hitting river backwaters, at least thats the plan.

Probably gonna hit up mille lacs, I've heard the perch are starting to pick up, and with the nice weather this weekend hopefully it will get something going.

Brainerd, I might need an extention on my auger?

I will be heading to 6 fow with tipups and a bucket of minnows!

I'll be on minnetonka on saturday, where I'm sure I'll have the lake all to myself (note the sarcasm). Sunday I'll be on big marine...in hopes of finally catching something on my tip up this year.

Unfortunately my pike quest has ended for this year as I'll be unable to get out this weekend. I too had poor luck with my tip-ups this year, but I did pull in a few. Most of my pike came on small jigs when I was targeting crappies, and I did have one break the line on my tip-up.

I'll be on the Whitefish Chain this weekend.

Ill be on greys bay on sunday

I thought it was just me. I've had several flags this year & haven't caught one pike! Everything I've caught has come on the rods. Two years ago I couldn't buy a fish on the rod everything on tip-ups. Maybe when I'm 90 I'll understand fishing.

Yea i am not sure were i want to go i just no i am going to a weedline seting up some tip-ups and drinking a beer and wishing and hoping for that big boy to come along! Good luck to all you guys this weekend.

Originally Posted By: BigGrassBass
I'll be painting a new room in the house for the next generation fisherman due next month!

Thats great man good luck with your baby!!! HOpe the best for ya

Lake Koshkonong, WI. The pigs are snapping in my hometown!! Good luck on the last weekend everyone!

Pelican Lake, Breezy Point! Giddy up...I'll be on the ice in less than 24 hours!

I'll either be on Mille Lacs or Shamineau near Motley. If I'm on Shamineau we'll have a bunch of people so we'll be flagging a huge area.

i am gonna go to rush on saturday for some eyes and pike and maybe green sunday

If you're lookin for all the 2-5lb pike you can handle go to big marine and find some shallow weed flats. Ive iced 3 in one trip there about 3 weeks ago. I got a 9 lber on medicine this year too

Were is big marine crappie fisher? Is that tonka?

Prolly Tonka for one last skunk - then crappie time

Anybody here any good spots on tonka or spring lake? I think i am going there tommorow morning

nope big marine is north of still water next to a little town called scandia. Mapquest it, its not too hard to find

k Thanks crappie....

I was hoping to get up to mille lacs for the last weekend but i think im going to be stuck down here in the metro

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• fins_n'_feathers

Posted

any  reports from today? we pounded through the washing machine waves all day and got nothing! Lead core,jigging, spinners haha! Ended up getting all our keepers within a mile of home when it was all over! Who else was out there? Am I the only one that did poor today?

• proguide

Posted

Cool nights and only a few warming hours each day have water temps coming down into the 50s this week.  This is actually pretty normal for the last week of September so there is nothing to odd here. 

The catfish have slowed down over the past few days with this cool off.  They are still around to catch.  They are hanging near structure, usually on the drop off to the channel right next to it.  They are also on the softer side of the current in holes.  It seems that longer sit times are in order this week to allow the fish to come out, find and decide to eat the bait.

Sucker seems to be the bait of choice right now.  Frogs just have not been getting any attention.

• leech~~

Posted

26 minutes ago, DANR said:

From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update:

You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes.

Thanks for the Update.  Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring! :):)

• FishinCT

Posted

They were really slow today. I fished hard all day and didn't manage much. Went over tons of fish and they weren't active at all. Should get better as the weekend gets closer...I hope

• gizmoguy

Posted

Go with steel. Contact Isle supply.

• From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update:

You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes. 

• Hello Friends:

Looking for some help as I've been up here since yesterday morning and only two 22" walleyes. I've fished fairly hard (5 or 6 hours) and tried all of my normal spots in Frazer/Smarts/Narrows area using all presentations with minnows and crawlers. Would love to have a walleye dinner (couple of 15's) for my black lab and I tomorrow night and any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm not looking for spots, but general depth and bait.

Thanks guys

Andy

• delcecchi

Posted

It is great.  I don't know if they are still doing grumpy gary chicken this time of year but it is good.  They have specials on various nights, at least in summer.  

• Sculpin

Posted

Dennis Anderson, Outdoor writer for the Minneapolis Tribune had a nice write up on the duck opener at Pelican. In addition there were some locals quoted on duck hunting there. Sounds like the ducks are back, and they have the water levels well under control.

• Thanks Don! its a good time of year to be on the water!! :)

• fins_n'_feathers
      any  reports from today? we pounded through the washing machine waves all day and got nothing! Lead core,jigging, spinners haha! Ended up getting all our keepers within a mile of home when it was all over! Who else was out there? Am I the only one that did poor today?
    • proguide
      Cool nights and only a few warming hours each day have water temps coming down into the 50s this week.  This is actually pretty normal for the last week of September so there is nothing to odd here. 
        The catfish have slowed down over the past few days with this cool off.  They are still around to catch.  They are hanging near structure, usually on the drop off to the channel right next to it.  They are also on the softer side of the current in holes.  It seems that longer sit times are in order this week to allow the fish to come out, find and decide to eat the bait.
        Sucker seems to be the bait of choice right now.  Frogs just have not been getting any attention.
    • leech~~
      Thanks for the Update.  Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring!
    • FishinCT
      They were really slow today. I fished hard all day and didn't manage much. Went over tons of fish and they weren't active at all. Should get better as the weekend gets closer...I hope
    • gizmoguy
      Go with steel. Contact Isle supply.