Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lang

Lime Lake Pike

4 posts in this topic

I have never fished lime lake before and live about an hour away from there. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there catching any northerns yet and if anything else is biting. I have a buddy from balaton i have been fishing with over that way and we have tried fishing Yankton and Sarah with no luck yet.

I live 2 blocks from Lime Lake.

I have not been on that lake for about 2 weeks.

From the county park, you can either go straight north to the "Big point," go east to the "Safe point," or go a bit west in front of the dam. Tip ups with dead smelt are a good option. Or, you can fish the areay along HWY 59, focus on the area in front of the culvert.

Lime has huge pike. There are also a lot of 2-4 pounders in there.

You can pick up an occaisional perch, or really nice crappies also. However, you're going to have to do a LOT of moving around to find them. They have been gypsies and are never in the same spot the next day.

Good luck.

cool thanks a lot. any certain depth a guy should be in? i have only caught one pike ice fishing before and that was in a little river a live by. from what i have heard lime lake has quite a decent population of pike

There are a zillion pike in Lime.

The depth is the same through the whole lake. It's a pothole. You will see where others have been fishing. You want to be about 50-75 yards from the shore line. If you are along the highway, get closer to shore.