Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hardwaterfishing

Calhoun Anyone?

4 posts in this topic

Anybody been out there lately? Thinking about trying it this weekend.

I might be trying it this weekend as well. Don't know what's been happening out there though.

No ice fishin fizzeled out for me, too many people

Tried it last Sunday with tip-ups for pike. Should have stayed home and watched the race. No flags....but it was really %#@&ing! windy out there too!

Maybe if it was a little nicer out we would have done better. Not too many houses out there though.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Satchmo
      Looks like a Namakan fish.
    • CaptJohnWis
      Hit the lake before 6:00 this morning. Fishing very slow again. Lots of mayflies on the water. Water 64 degrees. Got a bass at first stop but no more of those. ABout 5 walleyes and four pike in nine hours. Quit just in time to fight the 22 MPH wind (twice what was predicted) all the way home. Fish in 25 FOW. Most on Fin-S-Fish. numerous missed bites. Yesterday hardly missed a one. Not so today.   June 27, 2017 video link    
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      Froggin is a blast! I couldn't get any topwater action Saturday but just under the surface with a spinnerbait they were crushing it. Early morning it was suspending jerkbaits on weedlines. Not a single swirl on top. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      The walleye bite the past couple days has gone from Boom to  almost Bust! There have been a couple of huge May fly hatches the last couple of nights along with a large Rusty Crayfish molt that have been making catching walleyes a real challenge! We are still getting some fish but now have to earn every fish! Lindys with 1/2 crawler fished VERY slow in 18" to 30" depths has been my best presentation. Cliff
    • Juan Grande
      Thanks guys!  We tried kayak fishing last year (around Labor Day I think) and the Rum was way too high.  We launched on CR 7 between Blue and Green lake and just ended up paddling the river.  Is that a good stretch for smallies?
    • ANYFISH2
      wow, that is one dark walleye!
    • ANYFISH2
      And no reports make forums no good. Participation is what makes this place great.   Do not discourage that!
    • IRISHSOBNO4
    • Chill62
      Decided to fish Big Detroit saturday with a buddy.  Had bites but my 24 v 75#  trolling motor couldn't keep me in place so that sucked.  When we left the access to go fishing I asked the young man how late they were open till so I could make it back in time to get washed since I was going to fish a different lake on Sunday morning with the nephews.  I will be here till 5:30!  Sounds good see you before 5!  Fishing sucked, Wind BLEW, RAIN SUCKED!  So we packed up at 4:30 drove to access get there around 4:40 and they are gone!  Hot on my heels is a local fishing guide and he wasn't happy also because he had the same game plan.  Was told that there would be one at Melissa till 5 pm religiously.  Got there by 4:55 and they were gone from that lake too.  I honestly don't feel comfortable enough to do a safe job washing since I don't have a pressure washer and I really don't want to spread the Zebra Mussels from lake to lake and I know it was only a few hours 5-6 but honestly whats the point of AIS being there if they don't stay till the house they are supposed to be?  There was an easy half dozen boat trailers still at the access so it wasn't like we were the only two left at the access.  
    • huskybass
      Had some fun Saturday morning crashing through the lily pads on a small metro lake.  2 fish over 5 lbs and every fish absolutely choked the bait.  All I want to do is throw top water now, haha.  Wish I had longer arms or a partner in the boat for a decent photo.