Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

JoshM

I was wondering with all this cold if the shore line is starting to freeze or has it been windy enough to keep it open.Did anyone get out this past weekend and float some bugs? Thanks

Northlander

Wind hasnt stayed out of the NE long enough.

JoshM

Northlander , are you saying that the shore is open and able to be fished if we get some warm weather? Sorry if I miss under stood.

Nate McVey

I just got back from walking the dog and from 21st ave to Duluth was open. Yesterday driving home from Two Harbors, the whold shore was open. I would assume it still is with this wind.....

matthothand

I was just up yesterday and most of the shore is open but there's lots of sheet ice floating around and a lot of chunks close to shore that would be pretty bothersome. Some spots along the shore had a skim layer of ice extending from the shore itself too. The shore is sort of at that in between stage with enough open water to get a cast out here and there but enough ice floating around to get in your way and not enough to walk on. It's so cold right now I wouldn't bother casting anyway. Line and guides freeze too fast.

Wade Joseph

Just let me know when I can get the boat back in the water!

JAR JAR

After the article in the trib, I bet that Mcquade is jamb packed. \:\(crazy.gif

Jar Jar

UMDSportsman

Drove by the Mcquade on saturday and i think there was probably around 6-8 houses on the ice.

Fisher_Johnson

Anybody know if the Two Harbors landing is useable? I heard, as of a few days ago, it looked to be useable. Maybe after this cold spell it isn't anymore. I had delusions of trolling this weekend! Any info would be appreciated.

Northlander

Too much ice floating back and forth to shore fish or troll. As of 2pm there is a bunch of ice hitting the shores of park and Wi. points. If we get a NE and some cold it could lock up. Warm this weekend though so my guess is it blows right back out in a few days.

fisherslanding

Originally Posted By: UMDSportsman
Drove by the Mcquade on saturday and i think there was probably around 6-8 houses on the ice.

I drove by on Monday and there was 15 or so houses. Just packed!!

Northlander

Thats what a news paper article on a very small and specific spot will do. Must be a very slow outdoors season. crazy.gif

fisherslanding

Funny thing is I would have NEVER thought to fish there. Who would fish in that small of area? Reminded me of open water fishing on Mille Lacs. Everyone stacked up on the flats. But the harbor is tiny!! I suppose come summer when I want to launch the boat it will be like Boy Scout landing \:\( Fighting dock fisherman. No problem with dock fishing But they sure make it tough to get in and out.

Northlander

Ya they need to move the Boyscout fishing dock up the river farther so the boats can get out easier.

Fishing shouldnt be allowed inside the safe harbor in the summer in my opinion. No problems fishing outside the walls though.

Catfishunter

I live very very close to the place. There's no fish there grin.gif at all.

matthothand

Yeah, it's pointless to fish there. I'd never even consider fishing that spot. ;\) well...I might have stopped in there for a bit on tuesday and there's a small chance I'll be back friday and sunday. I'll post pics and give a report after it melts though like Sam Cook should've done. We need a huge harbor like Milwaukee has or atleast some sort of warm water discharge.

JoshM

I hate to keep asking but could someone update the condition around the french I would like to cast a little bit this weekend since it looks to be nice out . I know it can change over night but still nice to get a report. thanks much.

Northlander

From what I saw today the ice blew back out and its broken up all over. Shore casting could be hard to do. Only thing to do is drive the shore and see what ya find out. Sometimes you can find a pocket to toss into for a while.

Or join the sure to be Zoo at Mc Quades.

Doerf

I went to check out the French today. There was too much floating ice particles to cast, unless you cast nearly parallel to the shore. The large ice mass was pushed out a ways though. It was just a thick stream of slush by the shore.

jigginjim

I drove up the shore, saw guys fishing in the new boat ramp harbor near the french river. Can someone E-mail me if you caught anything?

Jack Stasney

Oh you opened a can of worms there!

JoshM

What is the lake looking like today as far as ice along the shore?Fishable? Thanks for any replies.

Jack Stasney

Went fishing in the bay today, and there was some ice out there but I don't think its ready to go out on by any means.

matthothand

It was open friday morning and my buddies that didn't want to fish McQuade landed one coho at Bluebird landing. The ice blew in by noonish and the whole shore looked covered. We're fishing inland today and hopefully the shore will be open on sunday. Anybody getting any hen loopers? Every one that my buddy and I have got this year has been a buck. We've caught enough to make that an interesting statistic. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same.

JoshM

Matt that is interesting. When I come to think about it my friend and I have caught 6 total this year and all of them have been bucks.Can you let me know how the shore looks later today we were thinking of coming down to fish the french or bluebird sunday as well.Hopefully that ice blows way out.