• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Take time to hug your family!! Bus tragedy

fishinchicks

The bus my kid's normally would ride is the bus that is on the news right now. We only know that two of our cousin's kids are in the hospital, but the third one is ok. There was at least one student killed today.

For those of you who are the praying kind, there were 40 kids on that bus, and a couple of other cars involved. They could all use all they prayers they could get.

You had better believe that I have hugged my daughters today! I picked them up from school about the time the fire department went out.

Carolyn

It is with a heavy heart that I type right now. Our cousin's child, our godchild, was the student who was killed in the bus accident today. She was adopted from China as a 10 month old, and was currently in fourth grade. She will be missed!

So sorry to hear about your loss. Thank goodness you picked up your kids today.

Very sorry to hear of the loss your family has suffered. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Our kids also go to Lakeview and thankfully wern't on that bus route. Several of their friends and classmates were however. It seems one more may have died and some more flown out. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the kids and their families. Don't forget to hug your volunteer fire and ambulance crews also, as they put their lives in danger and on hold in tradegies like this.

That's horrible, so sorry for your and your families loss.......

The latest is 4 dead, jeepers. I'm looking at my rascals sleeping right now(well the 2 yr old isn't!). Sorry again.....

I just ran and hugged my three. Thanks for thinking of other kids and us as well during your loss. Hans.

We have heard about the others. There are two brothers who are both gone, and one other boy. Two were 7th graders, one a 5th grader and our godchild a 3rd grader (I mistyped her grade before). Our cousin's boy that was injured is on his way to Sioux Falls by amb. to get some possible glass removed from his eye. He also has a broken finger, and multiple bumps and scrapes on one side. We are thankful he will be alright.

Thanks for the prayers everyone! I believe that is the only thing keeping the family going right now.

Carolyn, to say I'm sorry would be an understatement in the worst way. I'm at a loss for words for your families loss. My condolences, and prayers go out to your family and all involved.

My kids were supposed to have a game there tonight. I found out about it when my oldest son called and said their bus got turned around, and then told me why.

If you, or your family want or need anything, my e-mail is in my profile. Do not hesitate to contact me.

The accident is just terrible. My wife and I send our condolances to all the family's down their and will keep them all in our prayers.

As a resident of Cottonwood and a graduate of Lakeview High School, I am shocked and saddened by this news. The shock will indefinately rattle the community. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved and to the whole community and know they will pull together. My thoughts and prayers go out to all families.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the families affected by this tragedy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

so very sorry for your families loss, and the entire community!.. my thoughts are with all affected!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm so srry for you and your families loss.

My prayers are with you. If there is anything we can do please let me know.

Terrrible, terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the ones hurt by this accident.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers are sent.

Very sad when these loved ones are lost. It always seems tougher when they are younger.

I just got chills when I read this. I can't tell you how bad I feel for you and your family. I will be thinking of you. I'm also on my way to pick up my daughter and will give her a huge hug.

As said before, children should never pass away.

My daughter said one of her classmates had a cousin on the bus. I'm sure that they will say prayers today at the school Mass.

I heard on the news that the person in the van that hit this bus didn't have a license and was busted for it before. I hope if that's true, that they sock it to her for doing this to these families.