Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RonZych

Knife Tournament Sat.

16 posts in this topic

If anyone is interested(bturk,Davey), there is a tournament on Knife lake this Saturday 2/23. It is being put on by the Crystal Bar&Grill in Mora. It's a scholarship fund tournament in the name of Gregg Jolly who died in the bridge collapse. It's from 12-4:00. Small fee, food, prizes, drawings(included with entry fee), music and much more. I need to rebound from my poor Forest Lake showing. grin.gif

Ron

I was planning on hitting that lake this weekend since its so close to my cabin...now i gotta compete with crowds it looks

Not exactly crowds. They are confined to a small area( not a good fishing spot). If it's as nice as they say its going to be, then the small tournament will be the least of your concern. Especially if you fish in the the popular areas.

Thanks for the info. Ron, sounds good.

Dave

Were can I get tickets and more info, maybe i'll join the fun. I probably wont be up there till late friday.

Found This - if it helps

Jolly's Jiggin Jamboree

Ice Fishing Extravaganza

February 23rd from Noon to 4pm

at the North end of Knife Lake

With food on the ice, prizes and drawings, music, fun and MUCH more!

Small entry fee which covers your name in prize drawings. All proceeds go toward a scholarship fund in honor of Greg (Jolly) Jolstad. Greg's life was ended with the 35W bridge collapse accident).

In memory of our friend Jolly we celebrate his life and love of ice fishing.

For information contact Jim or Beth at the Crystal Bar & Grill in Mora. 320-679-4300.

I did call and discovered a few more items of information.

The contest will be at the public landing across from the Crows Nest.

Entry fee is a minimum $10 donation

Prises are donated items

Expectations are for 200-300 participants

I'll Be there, Crystal bar friday night for drinks and entry fee.

Hey Ron thanks for the information. I may just be able to get up that way. I'll come down the lake to the access from my cabin, red Polaris, I'll be wearing red Strikemaster bibs. Holler at me if I make it. Bill

One other thing are they drilling holes or should we bring the auger? I will probably pull my Clam Voy with me and just set up after the tourney.

I'll be the guy with a fishing rod and a beer.

I like to keep a low profile and blend in...

great camo Davey, you will be hard to find for sure....LOL Bill

I will be out there early on the west side. I will be in a black explorer fishing by the retired sheriffs house. I will look for you guys.

Well, I caught two 6" perch during the contest.

There was a 10" min. size to enter fish, no one was able to enter any fish. Good time though for a good cause and what a nice sunny, warm day to be out on the ice.

Dave

We caught small crappie and sunnies and perchies. I won a hat and t-shirt. I have never been to a tournament with music that loud! It was kind of fun! I was on the edge closest to the shore. Where were you Dave? Caught fish earlier in the morning elsewhere.

Ron

Hey Ron, one of these days we'll meet each other. I was in front of the speakers! More like a party than a fishing contest.

I got a jacket in the drawings. Also had better success before and after the contest elsewhere on the lake, although the crappie size is nothing like it's been in the past. A lot of 6" and 7" in the lake now. Might be a couple years before we see decent size again.

Dave

Hey guys sounds like you had fun and some dancing probably as well. Had something come up unexpected on Saturday morning, thought I could pull out in time, but it just didn't work. By the time I would have left St Cloud and gotten up there it would have been past 200pm. Must have been a great day out on the ice though. Bill