Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
primetime49

LINDY SELLS TO PRADCO

8 posts in this topic

Ted does this give you more time to fish?

will the tackle ever be the same?

Originally Posted By: fishgutz77
will the tackle ever be the same?

No, I don't think so.

This mgiht be good for the guys at Lindy ($$$$), but I think it will hurt us fishermen down the road.

Hopefully those southern guys will know how to make Lindy Rigs the right way.

Most everyone I know makes their own riggs now it's just the rest of the line, fuzzy grubs and all the jigs. The spinner rigs will they remain the same? Now this stuff is going to be made by guys used to fishing with 20# test. Techni-glo will it be the same? who knows. I never thought of Pradco as a high end tackle manufacturer. but I could be wrong due to expansion on thier part.

From my friends at Lindy. The Pradco folks like what Lindy does and are planning to keep it the way it is operated. And keep it in Brainerd........I guess time will tell but they liked the product line enough to buy the company so that must mean they like the production.

I also heard they are going to keep it in brainerd....thank goodness

If it all stays here we can probably expect the same tackle.

PRADCO is a quality company that has done a lot of good stuff with some of their brands in recent years. Yum and Booyah have really come around as premier companies and Silver Thread fishing line is, in my opinion, the best flourocarbon line you can find.

Lindy used to be a great company but in the last few years it seems as if they haven't had many very good ideas. They picked up Beckman nets and then didn't do much with it. They have a world of potential and hopefully they will be able to get rolling better with a big-brother bankrolling them.