Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
merkman

Any way to keep the mice away?

8 posts in this topic

Is there anyway to keep the mice away from the canvas on my fishouse over the summer?

store it inside your house

I used to have a big problem with mice. Now i put 10-15 dryer sheets and moth balls in each house and put decon around the area they are stored in and for the last 2 years the houses have not been touched.

Dryer sheets work great, we put them in our boat when we storre it for the winter, and we haven't had a mouse in there yet. Mth balls also work but then it smells just awful whenever you take it out of storage, you have to let it air out for at least 2-3 days. What also helps is having a radio on, i don't nkow what it is about it but radio helps keep them away to.

Humm..

I researched that a little on the internet.

Quote:

Principal chemicals found in Fabric Softeners/Dryer Sheets are:

BENZYL ACETATE - Carconigenic (linked to pancreatic cancer). "From vapors: irritating to eyes and respiratory passages, exciting cough." "In mice: hyperanemia of the lungs." "Can be absorbed through the skin causing systemic effects." "Do not flush to sewer."

"In mice: hyperanemia of the lungs." sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

Thanks for the tip

Hang your house high. I put my house up on top of my grandpa's permanent house where the little you-know-whats can't get to it. Anyone try putting it in your garage rafters with the same luck? I don't think they want to be climbing too high off the ground.

Merkman-

Do you think it matters if the sheets are scented? Or is it the whatever chemical that does whatever to their lungs that keeps mice away? Just wondering. I have unscented ones. I hate the smell of the scented sheets so that would keep me away. \:D\:D

Huey

Merc, your going to throw that house away anyways and get a new Canvas Craft. It wont let you know, and remember, ill work you till you have that baby.