Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lenny40

Hunter's point

10 posts in this topic

Fished here Sat for 2 hours and left... Could see the perch on the camera but couldn't get them to bite hope someone else had better luck then me.

Lenny

We caught some nicer fish but yes, it was a tough bite. Seems the euro larvae was the ticket to catching a few more. Tried the jigs with minnow heads but it was a tough bite.

From what i've heard its been a really slow year on mille lacs. Any reason? Bad year classes? too much pressure?

Anybody have any luck with gulp in place of the real thing. Harvey when you say euro larva do you mean just maggots and are you using the colored larva??

didn't think of trying that??? It was just nice to get out fishing... Hopefully we get some warmer weater soon and the perch start picking up. Good luck

Lenny

Tony Roach was using red maggots/euro-larva for the big perch. He also liked the new smaller red gulp waxies. It was a tough bite but if you moved around you caught them. Lee Harvey and I were out of Appledoorn's.

I used the gulp alive this fall and did just as good if not better then live bait. Great product

Rick, If I ran into you out there........I know Im in the right spot. LOL

Tony Roach was using red maggots/euro-larva for the big perch. He also liked the new smaller red gulp waxies

yeah, like you know. hahahaha

I was using 6 inch chubs, and also like larger willow cats.

Those 2 lb perch ate those right up.

fished out of hunters friday morning from about 7am to about noon and caught about 5 tiny perch. saw a million tiny ones on the camera but they didnt want anything to do with my bait. used red waxies on a genz worm to catch the perch.