• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing the SE metro

HookEmHard84

Tomorrow, I am meeting up with a friend who recently moved to the SE metro and we're are going to try out a new lake. We are specifically looking at the Egan/Rosemount area. We are both originally from the NE metro and have not really fished down there. I couldnt really find much info on the DNR website about the area lakes.

Could anyone provide some info on some solid fishing lakes?

It looks like there are some decent sized lakes in the Lebanon Hills park, are those good fishing lakes?

Appreciate any help!

All the lakes in the area kinda suck. Depends on what you're looking for i guess. You can target almost any for northern, dont guarentee any results. You could try marion in lakeville, or maybe a burnsville lake. Just scout around a little bit. but i wouldnt recommend any of the lebanon hill park lakes.

Ya, about the only decent waters in the SE metro are the mississippi river and some of the sloughs and lakes that come off of it. Not much down there worthwhile besides that.

GE

HookemHard, try fishing a little further south.

There isn't much in the Eagan, AppleValley, Burnsville areas. Mostly Childrens fishing ponds & lakes. But if you venture south towards Rice County and past you'll find some good lakes that may bring on some fish action.