Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrappieFshr651

Chisago bite

3 posts in this topic

Just curious how the bite is midlake around the island. Was out about 3 weeks ago fishing in about 14fow and the fishing was great. My brother caught a 15lb northern with an 8inch shiner, what a beaut. Any reports on crappies/sunnies?

Word is you can still get fish out there. Got a report from a friend that was out last Friday evening...said the crappies didn't start going good for him until about 7pm...then he was able to weed thru them and go home with a nice batch for dinner for his wife and kids. He said he got a lot of small sunfish before dark....he was disappointed there wasn't more nice sunfish in the mix but probably just his location...sometimes you can just move a little bit and get in an area where the little tikes don't beat the bigger ones to the bait.

I was just out there recently and got a ton of crappies and sunnies after dark. Bite picked up around 6ish and went strong til 10. Had a crappie on average every 7-8 minutes. Caught a 22 inch walleye as well. Only caught three fish on minnows everything else, including walleye, was on a fiska jig with two waxies. After the waxies ran out I still caught a bunch on power spikes. If I didn't get bit for a few minutes I'd pull up my offering and re-charge the glow and after returning to the water the fish would immediately come back and usually inhale it. I was out fishing 16FOW in what I call a mid-lake area. Wasn't anyone else really near me. Good weeds beneath that spot though.