Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silverfox

report 2/15-2/17

6 posts in this topic

Two of us went out of Hillman's 7.5 miles straight out Fri 5pm-Sat 10am. Caught 9 Eyes with my brother getting a beautiful 26.5 incher. No crappies. Approx half the fish came on a hook with a green Glow Tube with a sucker minnow, the rest were split between glow red Snake Jig and blue Glow Spoon.

Saturday morning we moved the house. At 6.2 miles a road goes to the right we went 2.3 miles down there. Then went into the big city(Waskish) for lunch and Bloody Marys. Went back out and fished in that spot from 2pm Sat-Sunday 9:30am. Caught a couple really nice perch and 5 Eyes. So it was a little slower there. Did talk to someone who was near there that caught one crappie and did see a big school of crappies on his aquaview but only one biter.

Overall a great trip! Went home with our limit of Eyes and a couple perch.

On our way off the ice Sunday morning we talked to Kelly who was out moving the road and putting out a bridge because of the big crack that went thru the road Saturday night. Thanks Kelly! Hope you didn't have to spend the rest of your day pulling out Foster!

Good Fishing to All!

Matt Phelps

We can't pick on Foster for a while. Rebuilding that 1/2 mile section of road was brutal. 5 plow trucks, 2 1/2 hours and stuck 25 to 30 times. We left behind banks over 6 feet high in places. Foster never got stuck?!?!?!?!?!?!?! \:oconfused.gifgrin.gif

Wow, never got stuck. That's pretty impressive considering the start to the day!!

Hope to see ya and be up again soon. Have to let my liver heal for awhile tho!

You guys been getting alotta snow up there? We haven't had hardly any here, it's been breaking the bank for me since I plow snow.

It's "breaking the bank" around here too but the other way around. Too much time spent pushing snow and too many banks. \:\(

It's not just breakimg banks, but credit uninions too....!