Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Realtor Boy

??????? which of the 3 lakes to choose from ???????

Realtor Boy

My family and I have decided that we want to spend a week this summer on one of the three lakes. Any advice to which lake to spend a week on would be highly appreciated. Bring the kids, so we are looking for a resort with a pool or nice swimming beach. After that we dont really care about the rest other then being on the better fishing lake.

Thank you in advance,

Crane, kabetogama, Namakan

overdalimit

Check out the Kab lake assn. web site. There are No resorts that I know of on Nam so you will either be on Kab or Crane. I believe that the fishing on Kab has been getting better and better each year due to the slot limit. There are at least two Resorts that I know of on Kab with a pool. Most of the places from Clam Bay east have some sand on the beach but there is so much to do besides just playing in the water. Kab is a Walleye lake that is also becoming renound for smallmouth bass. There is also Lots of nice northern to be found if you have the know how to fish them. You will need to make your reservations asap. I know many Resorts don't have any openings until sept. Do you have your own boat? Are you looking for camping or a cabin to rent? Many resorts have R.V. sites as well as cabins. Look at the dock system the resort has. A North wind wreaks havok to boats that are not behind a breakwall. There are fishing guides to show you some spots as well as tours and water taxi service. If you ask at the Gateway Store they can give you some names. Also Guts and Dockboy seem to know pretty much everything about the area. Perhaps Dockboy can give you some info on Crane Lake too. Good Luck!

ODL

Realtor Boy

Thx for the info overdalimit.....

Are there any of the resorts you can recommend on Kab.??

imhooked

Anywhere on Kab. We go up often and The scenery and fishing are great. Some good swimming spots but it can be cold

overdalimit

Again More info is needed. Pine air is nice as is Harmony beach. If you want low prices try Red Pine but it is not as fancy. Birchwood always has openings but not much of a beach and you have to go elsewhere to launch. Kec's cove offers a bar and dining room. Pokorneys are nice folks and lets not overlook Voyager park lodge. I fish out of a place called Pine Tree Cove (small, clean, personal service, nicest folks you ever want to meet) but getting a cabin there is tough as most are booked from year to year by same folks. Arrowhead, Sandy Point and gosh I don't think you could find a resort that would not have something good to offer. There are also the villas at Kettle Falls. This is one of the more popular destinations and now you have access to Rainey lake as well as Nam, Kab and Crane!

JAK

As others have said, Namakan has no resorts, so ...That leaves Crane and Kabetogama.

Kabetogama has lots of resorts to choose from. While you are looking, take a look at Moosehorn resort. They have a VERY nice swimming beach along with arguably the nicest docks on the lake. (except for the Park Service docks) This is very important to some and does not matter to others. It all depends if you have your own boat and try to take good care of it.

Fishing on Kabetogama is good to excellent depending on your skill level, the weather, and the time of year.

We have been going to Moosehorn for 14 or 15 years now. There is a reason we continue to go back.

They have very nice cabins and are well kept. They are well spaced and not”stacked together” like many resorts. The pictures on their web site are very representative of what you will find upon your arrival. There shouldn’t be any surprises and that is always a plus.

I looked at Northern Lights a year or so ago, and it would not be my first choice at this time. Don’t get me wrong …it is ok, just not at the top of my list.

If you have any specific questions …just ask.

Bearfan1963

Realtor boy, As ODL has stated, there are lot of nice resorts on Kab, I can only chime in on Kab and I agree the fishing has gotten better each of the last 5 years I've been going, 4 of them to Snyder's Idlewild resort which has excellent hosts and a pool. I always take my youngest son, and have taken the older ones a couple of times, and they really enjoy the fishing and a break in the pool in the heat of the day.

Realtor Boy

thanks for the info guys.........does anyone know anything about the resort on Kab called Northern Lights? we were looking at getting a 4 bedrm and they seem to have the nicest ones. (by pictures anyways)