Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnhunter79

diaphram calls?

9 posts in this topic

hey everyone,

is ther anyone out ther that has ever used, tried, or heard a coyote diaphram howler in real life (not tv, internet)?

Thinkin about gettin one to try it out?

Only thing is, i'm not sure how tough they are to use, and to get the right sound out of it?

any feedback would be great, thanks.

they sound good, its all personal prefrence. I can't use one to save my butt, at the same point I can't use a diaphram call for turkeys either. My hunting partner is a master at them though and they sound good.

I bought some, I can use them for turkey calling and I can get a quiet howl out of them, but nothing too terribly loud.....I practice in my truck to keep the commish happy at home

what brand does your buddy use?

he just uses his turkey diaphrams, I think Primos??

I have the primos howler pack. I get good loud howls with mine. I howled in a pair with it last night. To bad they got away. They take practice, and you have to make sure you don't over trim them. I did to one and it isn't as good sounding anymore.

cool, i just got the sonic dome and the double howler twin pack today. except i need to work on keeping one tone howl, it keeps gettin off tone half way through the howl. is there any tips or tricks i need to know about the diaphram howlers? how do you know if you need to trim it and how much?

I think it has it in the directions, but you want it to stay in the roof of your mouth without holding it there. That way you get a good seal. They take some air, other than that read the directions and try to sould like a coyote, oh you should get the mastering the art dvd from promos, good stuff in that.

ok thanks. ya i have that dvd, it is very informative.