Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jigglestick

white out!

7 posts in this topic

did anybody else get caught in the white out that popped up out of nowhere in a matter of minutes on sunday?

it came in so fast, anybody out a ways off of the roads may have easily been trapped by white blindness that they may have easily been lost, stuck or turned around not knowing which way to go.

I was out there and with the help of my gps, which was also struggling to maintain it's own bearings, I managed to make my way to and back out from shore. it was nearly impossible to see more than twenty feet at times and all I could do was hope that every body made it of, or back to their shacks in time, safe and sound.

I was out on Pokegama in Grand Rapids and it was pretty bad there so at winni it was probally crazy!!

Yep, that was pretty much the epitome of "hunker down". Woulda been nice to get some pics of us blazing a path down the main road to shore Monday morning. That fresh snow was really flying in our wake. Thanks for all your help Jiggle, and to Rick and Kim for all of their services provided to us.

It was my first time ever fishing Winnie this past weekend. And boy was that white out fun!! Our heater wouldn't stay lit with the wind blowing in the vent. Then our door knob broke off and we had to bungy the door shut for the night.

All's I have to say is thanks to the guys at Denny's who came and plowed us a path off the lake on Monday morning.

We were also out there, Had to to wait for a plow truck to bust us a road on Monday, There was no way one could get off pulling a house.

I was fishing red lake by accindent, have not been there for a few years, just got set up and there was the storm. Once it started my truck was drifted in instantly, luckily I was only a hundred yards from the road. Adds to the fun, one more reason to bring the gps.

Just got back from our yearly trip. We were fishing off the west shore took off from High banks. We started packing it up but with four trucks we got caught. We decided to take the road to Dennys instead of cutting cross county and try and hit High Banks road. We picked up a truck and trailer that were stuck and had a 4-wheeler out front to find the road. We checked the milage 10 miles took us 2 hours. Thanks to the guys in the fish house that had a extra map of the Dennys road system. Just goes to show you how careful you had to be, We had locals and GPS. I was wondering if anybody got stuck out there. Later