• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

East Grand Forks Lodging

Let’s say a couple of guys might be in the area for a local contest in the early part of August. ;\)

Please recommend some decent hotels in the area. Preferably within walking distance of some food and adult beverages with ample parking for boat trailer.

Thanks

dtro,

It's funny- I grew up 8 miles from there, but I've never stayed at a hotel/motel in Grand Forks or East Grand Forks in my life. So... I've never paid much attention to that. Hopefully somebody will chime in with suggestions. If not, I'll make a call and get a suggestion or two.

You'll probably be needing one that has a turbo shower to remove any catfish slime that you accumulate over your stay, huh?

EGF doesn't have much for hotels. They do have the big new campground right off the river that is pretty popular if you are interested in that sort of thing. There's a best western in downtown GF that would only be a few blocks from the catfish tournament HQ as well as many bars but I wouldn't say it has 'ample' parking although I can't imagine you'd have much trouble. Other than that there are pretty much the usual chains - days inn, holiday, ramada, holiday inn express. There is also the big new Canad Inn that is attached to the Alerus Center that has a big water park that I hear is pretty nice if you are bringing kids or whatever. It also has a bar or two and a couple restaurants in it.

Thanks UMC

Looks like there is a Motel right near Cabelas that might work for us. I think it's called the Plaza or something like that.

Are you looking for a better the third class place. I will get a list together of places I send my clients so you Cats Incredilbe people have a nice and clean place to stay.